Crazed cyclist jumping red lights,giving aggressive gestures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5029048, member: 45"]I put my porridge in the microwave this morning for 90 seconds.

When the microwave pinged it wasn't quite cooked, so had to heat it for a bit longer.[/QUOTE]

A clear case of operator error.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Says who? I can think of numberous sets of traffic lights (including several I go through on a daily basis) where this is clearly not the case.
For the all-red time to be 10 seconds, the "distance travelled to the probable collision points by vehicles losing right-of-way compared with those gaining right-of-way" would have to be well over 73 metres and probably with those losing right-of-way being large vehicles climbing a steep incline, according to Traffic Advisory Leaflet 1/06 Part 4 (to get a 15 second intergreen, assuming a typical 3 second amber before green and 2 second red+amber). Are many junctions that large?

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 5029048, member: 45"]I put my porridge in the microwave this morning for 90 seconds.

When the microwave pinged it wasn't quite cooked, so had to heat it for a bit longer.

Can we argue about for a few pages now?[/QUOTE]
What you haven't mentioned is the angry cyclist that banged on your door after you put it in for a bit longer. Hence you were distracted, and then burnt your porridge.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I have just sat here and read all these comments
The OP gives one persons account of what happened and it seems plausible that it could happen , but I am really struggling to understand how people who were not there and haven't heard the other side of the story are willing to side with the cyclist no matter what is said
I don't know whether you are all use to each other and this is just friendly banter but as an outsider looking in it don't half look like there are some blinkered people out there

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
IThe OP gives one persons account of what happened and it seems plausible that it could happen , but I am really struggling to understand how people who were not there and haven't heard the other side of the story are willing to side with the cyclist no matter what is said
Who's siding with the cyclist? I think most are saying that it sounds like both cyclist (jumping red) and motorist (skimming cyclist) acted nobbishly.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I take a lot of the content of the OP with a very large pinch of salt... sounds like a lot of ex post facto rationalisation and embroidery.

For yours and accy's sake wouldn't be a good idea not to come into his threads just to wind him up and make a fool of yourself?

I did misjudge you based solely based on your responses to Accy's threads and would prefer to think of you in the way you behave in the other parts of this forum.

Top Bottom