Crazy, stupid or brave, anyone else done this....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Still have young kids, one of whom has renal failure and a wife with multiple health issues my exit plan is support everyone till i drop .

Yup life isn't so easy for everyone.

Some folks don't have the luxury to choose freedom, others do, but prefer to stay in the safe zone .

I've been lucky enough to be able to be my own (fairly poorly paid) boss for most of my life.

No pension beyond the land that I own - loan nearly paid off now ..
But that's pretty neat.. Food, fuel, water, shelter, an income, a grave one day even.

In the meantime making just enough money to pay the minimal bills, topped up with yoga teaching money, for niceties such as train tickets to go walking in the Pyrenees..

Off there right now, so you'll have to cope without me for a couple of weeks..
Keep eating the (fair trade organic) bananas.
:hello:

Last edited:
So my wife and I are in our early 50's, both in jobs we've had enough of, so we've both decided to quit them, put the house up for sale and move. Neither of us have a decent pension but will have enough savings to live off for a couple of years whilst we get used to our new surroundings, and build a new life in our new community. We then plan to get part time jobs and enjoy everything the North Norfolk coast and broads have to offer. Neither of us family over there and leaving all family and friends behind. But will buy a property with plenty of space for regular visits from friends and family. As the title suggests, crazy or brave?

Some of you will know ive had a few health issues over the last few years so this is our way of making a completely fresh new start

Good for you. Life is too short to make yourself ill working in a job you dislike.

Goldy

We did it 8 years ago, moved from West London to North Nottinghamshire.
Seemed perfect at the time, nice house in a quiet area with nice countryside views. After a couple of years I got ill and couldn't work the dwp decided I wasn't going to get any more benefits after a year so I had to take them to tribunal, I won but not before we'd lost our house, we now live in a noisy area nearer the town surrounded by screaming kids & barking dogs, I really hate it up here now I wish I'd stayed in London.

Top Bottom