"CREATE" bike quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

K_G

Re the previous posts, i'm not sure how the bike could possibly switch between fixed and freewheel while cycling... The back wheel has a hub that needs to be flipped over to switch between the freewheel and fix wheel modes, a physical impossibility while cycling, no?

I write as a recent puchaser of a Create bike. I am not an expert in all things fixed wheel or otherwise, but i am very happy with it and certainly it has a lovely smooth pedal action versus previous bikes i have owned.

nev said:
Using it on freewheel at the moment but it involuntarily switches into fixed gear at random, not good if your cycling in traffic.

K_G said:
Re the previous posts, i'm not sure how the bike could possibly switch between fixed and freewheel while cycling... The back wheel has a hub that needs to be flipped over to switch between the freewheel and fix wheel modes, a physical impossibility while cycling, no?

I am sure nev will correct me if wrong, but I read his comment to mean that the freewheel is so carp that it seizes up and effectively gives you the fixed experience when you are not expecting it.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
fossyant said:
December's C+ has a review of them...oh no, actually said they were OK..what....???

It was not exactly a glowing report about it though. They did mention that build quality and welding was poor and I am suprised they gave it a 7 / 10. :smile:

mrtar

From the 10th of October they brought out new bikes with upgraded parts like sealed bottom bracket and rear bearings. The only problem i have discovered is that the spokes come loose on some of the bikes. Now this is because their manufacturer screwed them over and did not check the rear wheel.

All that is required is for the wheel to be trued and create will reimburse you.

Its costs about £10- 12 for wheel truing

hope this helps

4F

mrtar said:
From the 10th of October they brought out new bikes with upgraded parts like sealed bottom bracket and rear bearings. The only problem i have discovered is that the spokes come loose on some of the bikes. Now this is because their manufacturer screwed them over and did not check the rear wheel.

All that is required is for the wheel to be trued and create will reimburse you.

Its costs about £10- 12 for wheel truing

hope this helps

Surely then you / "create" should check and sort the rear wheel out before the bike goes out rather than putting the onus on Joe Public

mrtar

This is only the case on some of the bikes!! Earlier batches. 7/10 review in cycling plus is very honest. The welding is a bit funny but everthing else is good for the price.

They have employed a few guys from the UK and sent them to the factory overseas to quality check everything.

Create are going to bring out a 3rd range in the next few months with new colours which should be awesome.

Its going to be hard to win peoples trust back. But they sure will!

Mrtar, the content of your post makes me believe you work for the company. A successful business shouldn't be doing that, it makes them look dishonest.

Personally, I would never trust a bike you could only buy online.

leoc

In answer to the OP, you might be able to get a second hand Langster or Fuji Track or something for that kind of money, which might be a better deal (depending on condition). That's what I did when I decided that I didn't want to build one myself

david mathews

hello

my name is david and i purchased a create fixed gear bycicle. And i do not no wat all of u guys are saying but i personaly thougth that it was one of the best fixies i have had and i have had over six fixies.And it is very good value.

david mathews

create fixies are the best and u dont have a clue wat u are talking about they are very strong and will last adleast ten years if ure looking for a good fixie i would recomend a create.

Alan Whicker

Ten years? Most bike manufacturers give a lifetime guarantee for their frames. Can't actually find the warranty info on Create's horribly overdesigned website. I must admit their bikes do look nice, but I can't help thinking £269 would buy a very nice 80s steel frame and an SS conversion kit.

This month's Cycling Plus has a short review of the latest incarnation of the Create. 'Bargain with improved quality' is the verdict.

4F

hello

my name is david and i purchased a create fixed gear bycicle. And i do not no wat all of u guys are saying but i personaly thougth that it was one of the best fixies i have had and i have had over six fixies.And it is very good value.

Yawn, is it your turn as an employee of Create to try and "big your bikes up" seeing as we have seen the rest off ?

Of your "over 6 fixies" (how many is that exactly ?) of which you say you have had previously what were they that your amazing Create Fixie ako BSO was better than ?

My money is on 6 other "Creates"

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

giantscr2.0

Its not nice to pick on David when he has only just joined the forum, you big nasty meanies!! Especially when he is trying so hard to get the employee of the month award from Create.
He is obviously a very experienced fixed rider as he has had 'over 6 fixies' ;-) ;-)

Top Bottom