"CREATE" bike quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Frankly, I don't understand how a fixie could be as heavy as 11kg. That's what my steel tourer weighs, complete with 21 gears and a rack.

Seen the size of the welds on those creates? :biggrin: and then theres the rims, those things are nasty!

Even if creates do last "10 years" which isnt a long lifespan for a steel bike, thats most likely because the about 95+% of the people riding them will stop riding them after a year when the fixie fashion fizzles out and the bike will spend the remaining 9 years of its life rusting in a shed or garage.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I would think the reason we get so many employees on here pretending to be satisfied customers is that 2 cyclechat threads are high up on the front page of Google when you enter "Create Bikes"

The threads on bike radar and lfgss are not exactly glowing either ...

Zoiders

Ok... There have been a few problems with the bikes main problems being bottom bracket and rear bearings and handlebar stem thread coming out. Create bikes is a new company trying to catch the fixed gear frenzy that is currently happening. They have been selling these bikes since november last year. I personally own one and did experience the problems above but hey... for the price of £160 I can't complain. I bought mine in November when they had just started. The reason it was so cheap was to get their name out there fast. Unfortunately because their manufacturer used cheap parts Create suffered negative feedback which has damaged their reputation. Some people have not had problems by the way.

So is their hope for Create Bikes? I think YES!!!! WHY??? Because they have rectified the problems and changed manufacturer. A team from Create went to the middle east, handpicked and personally tested parts for their new range coming October 5th. The upgraded bikes are available in new attractive colour combinations and had new parts added. If their new range of bikes are what they claim to be Create Bikes stands a great chance in recovering it's reputation and gaining trust from all you sceptics. They trying to do you guys a favour by providing you with a fixie that looks awesome and is affordable.

Hope this gives you more insight.
So...exactly how long have you worked for the Create Bikes distrubutor then?

People who are payed to advertise stuff viraly via social networking make me feel faintly sick.

James Pollock

Hello there,

Does anyone have any experience with the budget "CREATE" bikes that are available fpr purchase on line?
They suite my tight assed budget at the moment but as always, you get what you pay for.
Are they complete shockers? Will it hold in there as a regular commuter but not much else? Has anyone had one (or know someone who knows someone who has) and can give a review?

Appreciate your time and responces.

Do you mean the C8 or the Create Originals? There's a review here of the Originals Fixie: http://www.singlespeedgoldcoast.com/2013/09/review-create-bikes-originals-fixie.html

Jezston

Über Member
Oh for goodness' sake.

This thread you've just dug up is two years old, 'James'.

No matter how often you and your colleagues post around the internet claiming your bikes are great, everyone knows they are bags of utter shite.

Stick to trying to hawk them to wannabe hipsters through 'lifestyle' stores like Urban Outfitters and leave people who actually know a little bit about bikes out of it.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
2686727 said:
It does however give us an opportunity to re-evaluate Rob3rt's prediction made 3 years ago that fixie fashion only had a year in it, and thus reflect that he might not know absolutely everything after all.

Looking back at this, I don't think you can say for certain that my "prediction" is all that inaccurate actually. If you take it for what it was...

However, enjoy your moment, basking in the discovery of that which was never obscured!

Last edited:
Top Bottom