cricket anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
had the second session of my winter nets training academy last night and bowled like a demon (if i say so myself). any1 else started their pre season yet?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
No

Willow

My 10 year old has so consequently I'm back chauffeuring - last Saturday was 11 - 12.30 football, 3.30 - 5.30 cricket then took him off to a party after cricket and picked up at 7.30pm then off to Rugby Sunday am - no suprise I never seem to get on my bike. Thankfully the other one only does cricket through the summer.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Maz said:
Who do you play for?

just my school team this year, the coach took much glee last night in announcing the carribean tour in 2010, and that the yr 13's (i.e me) won't be going :girl:. still we did go to barbados last feb, o the happy memories:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
Willow said:
My 10 year old has so consequently I'm back chauffeuring - last Saturday was 11 - 12.30 football, 3.30 - 5.30 cricket then took him off to a party after cricket and picked up at 7.30pm then off to Rugby Sunday am - no suprise I never seem to get on my bike. Thankfully the other one only does cricket through the summer.

nice to hear ur putting in the effort, i have to get the train back to skl for it in the evenings. its worth the effort tho, one less obesity statistic nd all tht...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ilovebikes said:
just my school team this year, the coach took much glee last night in announcing the carribean tour in 2010, and that the yr 13's (i.e me) won't be going :girl:. still we did go to barbados last feb, o the happy memories:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Do they teach you how to type properly at this school, or just play cricket(not a mans sports)
I dont play cricket, i did play it when i did PE, but never really got into it.
Baseball i thought was good though, thats a more manner sport i think.

Kovu

Über Member
Joe24 said:
Do they teach you how to type properly at this school, or just play cricket(not a mans sports)
I dont play cricket, i did play it when i did PE, but never really got into it.
Baseball i thought was good though, thats a more manner sport i think.

:girl::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
wld the pair of u mind leaving my threads alone lol, joe i think you mean more manly sport (even if your wrong) not more manner, and yes it is a grammar school, thanks for asking (now wheres the middle finger up smiley??)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ilovebikes said:
wld the pair of u mind leaving my threads alone lol, joe i think you mean more manly sport (even if your wrong) not more manner, and yes it is a grammar school, thanks for asking (now wheres the middle finger up smiley??)

Your middle finger appears to be stuck up........
Is that why you have to type in text speak?
My friends play cricket though, and so does the guy next door. I never got on with the sport, i did used to love bowling and missing the top bit of the loop so it was sort of just a normal throw:laugh:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Joe24 said:
Your middle finger appears to be stuck up........
Is that why you have to type in text speak?
My friends play cricket though, and so does the guy next door. I never got on with the sport, i did used to love bowling and missing the top bit of the loop so it was sort of just a normal throw:laugh:

Just to point out Joe that 'i' should be in capitals;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
I'd give anything to have a full season of cricket to look forward to again.

I've been retired for far too long now, and prematurely (:laugh:). Still have a few good innings in me. Have to save it for beach cricket somewhere. xx(

Isn't there an expats team in Scandinavia? My dodgy hips retired me some years ago but I'd be ok if I didn't have to run (just 4's and 6's), if I could field in the slips and didn't have to get out of bed for a couple of days afterwards.

rich p said:
Isn't there an expats team in Scandinavia? My dodgy hips retired me some years ago but I'd be ok if I didn't have to run (just 4's and 6's), if I could field in the slips and didn't have to get out of bed for a couple of days afterwards.

I played a few summers in Stockholm, but there was too much cheating amongst certain elements for it to be fun, and facilities were crap. The grass IS greener, and shorter, in England! :laugh:

I was asked to represent the Swedish national team but declined as I didn't want it to jeopardise my chances of playing for England! xx(

Top Bottom