Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
im going to take stock of the situation at lunch......if we are say 170 for 2, leaving 200ish for the last 2 sessions with 8 wickets in hand, then i think its doable. There wont be issues with light today, so all 90 overs will be played if england can bat that long

jowwy

I'm baffled: 24hours ago England Test Captain [insert multiple years] M. Vaughan said - on camera - "the next hour will decide this test".
So why can't he tell us the result? Eh? Hmm?!?
its on in the office........should be a good days cricket

its a full house, minus @Beebo :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm baffled: 24hours ago England Test Captain [insert multiple years] M. Vaughan said - on camera - "the next hour will decide this test".
So why can't he tell us the result? Eh? Hmm?!?
I think his contract prohibits utterances such as: ''I've have absolutely no idea how this is going to end.''

jowwy

290 runs in 90 overs - should be doable.....its 3.22 runs per over and england batted at 3.45 per over in the first innings, so data says its doable

but in practice it may be more difficult as the day progress's

jowwy

cracking ball for that first wicket........

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
This is an easy pitch, and were it a One-Dayer then we'd be backing England to get it in 60, never mind 90!

No fielding restrictions in Tests which makes scoring boundaries harder all day.

No bowling restrictions either which means a spinner can tie up one end for most of the day.

If a seamer is having a purple patch, you cannot wait out a handful of overs to see him off, you have to wait until he gets tired, and even then he will still come back after a rest.

Restricting runs is also easier because bowlers can get away with wider balls, particularly on the leg side.

These are just some of the reasons why an England win would be a record breaker

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
No fielding restrictions in Tests which makes scoring boundaries harder all day.

No bowling restrictions either which means a spinner can tie up one end for most of the day.

If a seamer is having a purple patch, you cannot wait out a handful of overs to see him off, you have to wait until he gets tired, and even then he will still come back after a rest.

Restricting runs is also easier because bowlers can get away with wider balls, particularly on the leg side.

These are just some of the reasons why an England win would be a record breaker
Thanks. Useful tutorial ^_^

jowwy

62 overs left - and we need another 237....thats 3.8 an over, with root in there now who does score quickly, i think its more than doable

its going to be a good afternoon of cricket....finish work at 3, got the tv already set up outside in the sunshine....

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
62 overs left - and we need another 237....thats 3.8 an over, with root in there now who does score quickly, i think its more than doable

its going to be a good afternoon of cricket....finish work at 3, got the tv already set up outside in the sunshine....
Are you being optimistic?

Taking the lead from our Learned Friend can I suggest that if we get close then India will slow the over rate until we run out of light :cheers:

...but yes, I'm optimistic too 😊

ETA
And the moment I click to post, we lose Hameed! :sad:

jowwy

Are you being optimistic?

Taking the lead from our Learned Friend can I suggest that if we get close then India will slow the over rate until we run out of light :cheers:

...but yes, I'm optimistic too 😊

ETA
And the moment I click to post, we lose Hameed! :sad:
we wont run out of light today......its blazing sunshine, unless they slow to 4 overs an hour, we could play til 7, which is an extra hours play

and there is a minimum amount of overs that must be bowled...i think root and pope now will push the run rate on a but, as both players score quickly

Top Bottom