Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
.finish work at 3, got the tv already set up outside in the sunshine....

We should still be batting by then, but maybe not for long after tea.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
we wont run out of light today......its blazing sunshine, unless they slow to 4 overs an hour, we could play til 7, which is an extra hours play

and there is a minimum amount of overs that must be bowled...i think root and pope now will push the run rate on a but, as both players score quickly
There's no sunshine here and I'm maybe 3 miles from the ground. It's hazed over throughout.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
We've lost six of our best batsmen for 47 runs and we will get what we deserve - beaten.
totally agree.....dreadful batting display again

jowwy

No wickets lost while transfering the Q box between office and outside tv……now sat in the sunshine and its bliss

Chromatic

Legendary Member
No fielding restrictions in Tests which makes scoring boundaries harder all day.

No bowling restrictions either which means a spinner can tie up one end for most of the day.

If a seamer is having a purple patch, you cannot wait out a handful of overs to see him off, you have to wait until he gets tired, and even then he will still come back after a rest.

Restricting runs is also easier because bowlers can get away with wider balls, particularly on the leg side.

These are just some of the reasons why an England win would be .a record breaker

Re fielding restrictions, have a look at Law 28.4. Not that it makes much difference to the point you are making.

jowwy

Ah well…..

england lost that test at the end of their first innings when Moen Ali threw his wicket away and then a collapse ensued……..then after tea today with a 6 over Bumrah spell, which took out the middle order.

terrible batting

Top Bottom