Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've never been able to bring myself to listen to TalkSport commentary. Is it any good? I had to endure their programmes because it was all an ex would listen to in the car, and they were bad enough.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm finding it quite bearable. Not as good as TMS. Probably depends which pundits you get of course - I've only done a few hours so far.

Ta, I might give it a go tomorrow. I think KP is one of their pundits, and I like him so that could be good. Nothing will ever be as good as TMS though!

100% India's day today, trailing by 83 at the close. Still, as long as Duckett thinks we're in a strong position everything will be OK.

Been reflecting on the series a bit and I've possibly been a bit harsh at times, mostly because it's so, so frustrating that we've thrown away dominant positions for no real reason. This isn't a full strength India, though you could say the same of us, but we've just never felt genuinely competitive.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Losing 5 middle order wickets for 8 runs is simply unacceptable in any game at any point.

England do seem to only ever be a couple of overs away from a batting collapse.

I’m not sure what Stokes is offering the team at the moment.

AndyRM

XOXO
Losing 5 middle order wickets for 8 runs is simply unacceptable in any game at any point.

England do seem to only ever be a couple of overs away from a batting collapse.

I’m not sure what Stokes is offering the team at the moment.

I can answer that for you: Nowt.

He's clearly not right and doing his damndest to try and play himself into something approaching form, but it ain't working.

AndyRM

XOXO
As for the collapses, you're absolutely right. For me that's a psychological issue more than anything. Our batters are quality, but there's clearly something wrong with their concentration and/or decision making.

AndyRM

XOXO
Thou'll win nowt with slogging:

BatterRunsBalls4s6s
Yashasvi Jaiswalst Foakes b Bashir575853

Some player that fella. I can see him tormenting teams for many years to come.

AndyRM

XOXO
Woke up to India leading by 121 with 7 wickets in hand. This, again, has innings defeat (or close to it) written all over it. Suppose it was encouraging to see a glimpse of Stokes and Jimmy getting ever closer to 700 wickets.

AndyRM

XOXO
Being positive, Bashir has done really well, and we haven't actually done too badly today, though letting the tail wag is frustrating.

The damage was done on day one and I can't see us getting anywhere north of 300 which I suspect India will post tomorrow.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Woke up to India leading by 121 with 7 wickets in hand. This, again, has innings defeat (or close to it) written all over it. Suppose it was encouraging to see a glimpse of Stokes and Jimmy getting ever closer to 700 wickets.
An innings defeat would be so disappointing. Even the motivation of giving Jimmy one more go with the new ball should help focus. He needs to get that 700 wicket milestone asap.

Top Bottom