Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
European Cricket League finals day today on YouTube.
Final elimator about to start but it was certainly worth watching the first two complete games if you can.

Edit - Both games were very watchable. Oh, seems commentary said Brexit makes it too difficult for the UK to host.
(Hornchurch are in the group winners finals week a week on Monday)

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yeah, and he did a great job with the bat!

In two days he’s bowled 5 overs, got one wicket and scored no runs.
He’s not offering very much.

AndyRM

XOXO
A bit? That's being generous!

Root was the only highlight, showing how to actually play Test cricket.

Pleased for Jimmy to get 700. Warne's record must be within his sights, I doubt Muralitharan will ever be caught. One other positive to take is Bashir who was generally excellent. I reckon the worst thing we did all series was win the first match and keeping the second tight, giving false hope to a lot of us. It's been dismal since.

7 losses in 12 Tests now. That's just not good enough.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Not good enough. First three matches were contested after that outplayed. Pope’s hundred was up there with the great innings, England have found a couple of spinners, Root showed he can do it when he tries and the openers were generally good enough. Pleased for Anderson and two box office moments from Stokes but otherwise he was a passenger.

AndyRM

XOXO
Seems our women's team isn't immune to chucking away a strong position with a woeful collapse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/68648845

County cricket kicks off today.Of course it does it's raining!:rain:
Surrey will be favourites again in Division 1.I just hope Essex can be up there again this season with no Dan Lawrence and Allister Cook.
Not sure about Division 2 but Yorkshire will not want to hang around too long in that Division.
Whoever is your team(County),good luck.:okay:

tom73

Guru
Surrey will be favourites again in Division 1.I just hope Essex can be up there again this season with no Dan Lawrence and Allister Cook.
Not sure about Division 2 but Yorkshire will not want to hang around too long in that Division.

Returning to division 1 is the only thing that matters it's been made clear thats the focus for the team. We start clear favourites to go back up time will tell. But the side are looking good going into the start of season. With the players able to focus on playing now off field matters are finally becoming under control of someone who know what to do. Be interesting to see what happens to Essex and if the ECB come down heavy on them or continue to ignore what's gone on. I don't see anyone coming close to Surrey. In general it's going to be a challenge financially for many. The money is not adding up for many clubs who are really just making up the numbers.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

Don’t we usually have snow flurries on the 1st day.
No wonder county cricket is struggling. Imagine sitting in the deserted stands watching your team.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Cricket and Storm Kathleen, what a combo, get the big jumpers out. A lot of work for "covers" teams, and definitely a 2 flask picnic.

If Yorkshire can keep Fisher and Coad fit, then we should have more than enough to get promoted, provided the weather doesn't ruin too many early season games when we have reasonable availability of Brook Root and Bairstow.

Top Bottom