Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My mate says it's ok...this is psychological chess....we're lulling the Ockers into a false sense of security. Obvious really when you think about it. Result!

philk56

Guru
Looks like England have found a new opener ^_^

Phew what a game chuffed we (England) won and really pleased Ireland got to play a test match at lord's . Hopefully this will be another boost to Irish cricket and they can kick on again , they should be proud of their efforts and hopefully many more tests for them at lord's

philk56

Guru
No comments yet on the Ashes? A good start for England but losing Anderson isn't good. Possibly his age is finally catching up. Also the umpires haven't covered themselves in glory so far. Several overturned or missed decisions.

Anderson shouldn't have been picked for this Test. His fitness was in doubt and, lo and behold, he injures the same calf that kept him out for a month or so.

But, so far so good, regarding keeping the Aussies on the back foot. Smith, as always, is the danger man, but if they can be kept to under 250 runs and bowled out (ideally) today, England should be feeling confident.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
upload_2019-8-1_20-29-6.png

philk56

Guru
The frustration of watching an English ashes from down-under ☹️ Go to bed with the Aussies at 130-odd for 8, thinking they might scrape another 30 or 40 runs and wake up to 284 all out! Once again Smith in a class of his own and a bowler down. I feel the first session is going to be vital not just for this game but possibly the whole series.

philk56

Guru
Much as I enjoyed the World Cup, this is far more absorbing. I love the knife edge of Test cricket.
Indeed although good to see the sticky bails have carried over from the world cup ^_^

Looks like Smith is set again sadly, he could make double hundreds in every test he plays but he is tarnished .
He will always be known as a cheat, and a test captain who allowed that culture to flourish in his team . It really grinds my gears to see him now doing well, him and his cohorts should not have been allowed back to test cricket imo .

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looks like Smith is set again sadly, he could make double hundreds in every test he plays but he is tarnished .
He will always be known as a cheat, and a test captain who allowed that culture to flourish in his team . It really grinds my gears to see him now doing well, him and his cohorts should not have been allowed back to test cricket imo .
Somewhat double standards. Trescothick wrote in his autobiography that he was responsible for keeping the shine on the ball and he used to suck mints to enhance the effect of the saliva. This was known by all the team at the time

Anyway, looks like a draw in this test

Yes it chokes my chicken as well. Fine batsman though?

Top Bottom