Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
England going a lot better at Old Trafford than at Lords....

D

Deleted member 1258

England going a lot better at Old Trafford than at Lords....

South Africa won the toss and elected to bat, the way conditions were earlier on it would have made sense for them to put England in.

AndyRM

XOXO
I would tend to agree. Not impossible though, SA fully capable of turning us over in the 2nd innings.
Very un-Root like batting going on? Not picking it like he normally does. Expecting the win but wouldn't put the house on it ^_^

I think Root is just having a bit of a bad patch. It happens. Personally I don't think this new way England are playing particularly suits him, always thought he was a more old school sort of cricketer, rather than just flaying it around like a lunatic. Fella knows the importance of building an innings IMO, rather than just belting it.

Well that was an easier win than I expected, some proper 'Stokes era' bat and ball for sure!
664 test wickets for Jimmy now, amazing really.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Was enjoying the third England v India womens ODI, including a great 9th wicket stand leading toward a tight finish, when the game finished with a Mankad! Not sure what the gender neutral term is for Mankad, but the law needs to be updated if the players cannot adopt the spirit of the game. Poor.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Was enjoying the third England v India womens ODI, including a great 9th wicket stand leading toward a tight finish, when the game finished with a Mankad! Not sure what the gender neutral term is for Mankad, but the law needs to be updated if the players cannot adopt the spirit of the game. Poor.

It's a Mankad, that was the name of the player who first did it back in 1947. Not illegal but defo against the spirit. They usually issue a warning to the batter first then get them out if they persist.

Top Bottom