Cricket World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's desperate times, but 'Boom-Boom' is at the crease, and scoring at a rate of 3 a ball. Whereas Misbah is scoring at a rate of under 3 an over.

£5 onn Misbah to win it at odds of 750 - 1. Too late - lucky I'm not a betting man lad boy kid. (Well, that's a little better).

darkstar

The passion shown by the players and crowd during the game today was awesome, great spectacle to watch. The atmosphere was electric.

Wembley High Road has been blocked, along with Southall! Great stuff. Even the newsagent next door to work wouldn't serve me until the end of the over when Pakistan were 8 down with a referral taking place.

"1.2 billon people are ecstatic tonight" if what was written in the top left corner of the Guardian was a true number!

The aforementioned newsagent said to me "Don't care about Sri Lanka - this is the big game." :ohmy: :smile:

darkstar

It was great to see the jubilation of the fans, it's what sports all about.

Have to admit though, I was hoping for Pakistan to sneak it, they've been through a tough time of late. The players are also paid nothing compared to the high flying Indian players in the IPL. Those lads who offered bribes stood no chance, I think most people would have done the same thing.

mangaman

...and he's been accused of many things including biting the ball, pirouetting on a length but never of accepting a bung!
What a guy!:biggrin:

I love Boom-boom, but he is a bit dodgy at times.

But in a funny way. Eating the ball or skuffing up pitches blatantly etc.

I think the dodgy Pakistani agent fingered Afridi as someone who was not bribable (I may be wrong - that's my recollection), which is far more important.

Great bowling from Riaz.

If the Pakistanis had caught Tendulkar they may have won.

Still

India/Sri Lanka is a mouthwatering prospect. The 2 best 1 day sides in the world on home-ish soil.

I can't wait.

They deserve it. They've been the the best 2 teams by far throughout.

Should be a cracKer of a final!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I hope Gunner Gould gets the final as umpire - he commands a lot of respect and stands no nonsense.

Tauffel and Aleem Dar are the best umpires though.

Top Bottom