Criminal Damage Investigation - Need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I know that Cautions will show up on CRB checks (or whatever they are called now) and a Caution for an offence that is violence related will likely to prevent you from working with children.
I understood that just because it is disclosed on a DBS check that it is then upto the body requesting the check to decide whether it will effect your job/activity.

david k

Hi
It is as they will own the risk and therefore have to manage it.
If they accept an applicant who has a record for violent behaviour which was admitted they would be taking responsibility, I assume most would swerve this applicant for the fear of being held responsible

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If they accept an applicant who has a record for violent behaviour which was admitted they would be taking responsibility, I assume most would swerve this applicant for the fear of being held responsible
It would depend on the role surely, and if he already held that position and they knew his character too then they can make an assessment as to whether it is a risk or not.

D

Deleted member 26715

And people who know him are more likely to be sympathetic to the provocation that resulted in the altercation.
But would the parents of 'little Johnny' who don't know him be as sympathetic if something happened in the future

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Difference is that your offence was a traffic offence not a criminal one. If you had accepted a caution as the OP has, you wouldn't be teaching children Taekwondo or anything else now.

Given the details of the OP's incident I would think it unlikely a governing body of whatever association will prevent him from being a member. I know the Taekwondo Association would be perfectly fine with it as it wasn't an incident which involved, affected or would be likely to affect children. In practice that's what governing bodies will be considering, also a good record goes a long way. It's a bump in the road of life, we'll all have them to some extent.

Given the details of the OP's incident I would think it unlikely a governing body of whatever association will prevent him from being a member. I know the Taekwondo Association would be perfectly fine with it as it wasn't an incident which involved, affected or would be likely to affect children. In practice that's what governing bodies will be considering, also a good record goes a long way. It's a bump in the road of life, we'll all have them to some extent.

He will probably have no issues with his current clubs, and employer. As they will know him.

However, when trying to go somewhere new. How does this sound? "Oh yeah, I got a caution for aggressive behaviour and criminal damage, but I didn't really do anything"

How many "real" guilty people will be saying that?

This is the reason why there was such a fuss when Merseyrail started doing people for "feet on the seats," it appeared on the record as did "molest and wilfully interfere with the comfort or convenience of any person on the railway"

A grandmother and their slipper should be employed to fix this issue. It is a tried and tested method of making people respect this stuff. :biggrin:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yeah the thing about records is it never states what happened, just what law you happened to be done under.

This is the reason why there was such a fuss when Merseyrail started doing people for "feet on the seats," it appeared on the record as "did molest and wilfully interfere with the comfort or convenience of any person on the railway"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1562141/Feet-on-seat-student-escapes-conviction.html

Similarly, there are two ways of dealing with misuse of a disabled parking blue badge.

One is all but a fixed penalty and can be fairly likened to a parking ticket.

But the same offence is also contrary to the Fraud Act, and can be charged as such.

Manchester council did that a few years ago during a crackdown when they also put out details and photos of the offenders.

Those people got the same criminal record - when expressed in one line - as the multi-million pound bank and pension fraudsters.

The moral of both tales is steer clear of the courts - particularly if you have a good name and want to keep it.

The moral of both tales is steer clear of the courts - particularly if you have a good name and want to keep it.

But the caution the OP will get is the same as a person who was throwing missiles at the Police during a demonstration, or fighting in a pub, or threatening people in the street.

If he applies, and that shows on a check, will he even get the interview to have the opportunity to explain that he wasn't throwing bricks at the police?

david k

Hi
Still, they would be knowingly hiring someone who has a record, think they need something more robust and objective in their systems than "Arh but we know him"

Still, they would be knowingly hiring someone who has a record, think they need something more robust and objective in their systems than "Arh but we know him"

I meant in his current position, where he is already of known good character. They're not going to dismiss him purely because of this. Any issues will occur going to somewhere new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom