Critérium du Dauphiné 2-9 June [spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ooh I do like a good one liner :biggrin: !
So did I, until I found out they were illegal! :blush:

Drugs reference. Joke. Never mind ... :laugh:

Oh ... I haven't got time to check for other mentions - the Lincoln Grand Prix is just starting on British Eurosport.

Astana...face palm...
So so bad. Two against one!! Simples - one attacks and the other wheel sucks to the finish but they attacked and stopped, hummed and hawed and finally decided that they would both try and out sprint him!! WTF!! Idiots. One in front and one behind him, that way they dictate the pace and have a rider on his wheel.

ColinJ

Pantani ended up very offended by that finish did he not?
He did! Armstrong talked of gifting the stage to Pantani as a show of respect, and then showed no respect by referring to him as 'Elefantino' - 'little elephant', a reference to his big ears!

Incidentally, this nickname obviously did get to Pantani because I saw him on training on the Costa Blanca a year before he died and he'd just had his ears pinned back (and a nose job)!

ColinJ

Passed each other at about the same speed? :laugh:
Well, he looked like he was in the big ring! I had limped up the same climb in a 39/29 gear a few days before. Mind you, I was fuelled only by toast, jam, croissants, a banana and a couple of coffees ... :whistle:

Top Bottom