Critérium du Dauphiné 2015, June 7-14 2015 **** Spoilers ****

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robertob

Very brave performance from Kennaugh yesterday. Great that he managed to hold on. I was sure he'd be caught!

RobNewcastle

Would be good to see Kennaugh force his way into the tour team this year. He's proved himself in the mountains and obviously handy for the TTT. What do people reckon?

You'd have to say with Froome that Porte, Roche, Poels, Thomas, Stannard will probably go so that leaves 3 spots.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There are plenty of other contenders - Henao, Konig, Siutsou, Kiryienka, Zandio, Nordhaug, Nieve, Konig...

I thought Kennaugh deserved a place in the Tour team last year but he wasn't picked despite his good form.

RobNewcastle

There are plenty of other contenders - Henao, Konig, Siutsou, Kiryienka, Zandio, Nordhaug, Nieve, Konig...

I thought Kennaugh deserved a place in the Tour team last year but he wasn't picked despite his good form.

Yeah Lopez as per usual was pretty much ineffective again in the tour from memory. That's a good point about the other riders, I guess a lot will depend on recovery from the Giro for the riders who've ridden there. Sky rate the older of the Henao brothers very highly don't they in terms of his climbing ability and given the climbs in this years tour you'd imagine people like him will be at the forefront.

Be interesting to see how things pan out selection wise.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Dammit, missed it again - but I was taking my son out to lunch, so that's OK. Good result for Bouhanni. Wonder if FDJ are going to regret letting him go come the Tour...

Just noticed Tiesj Benoot finished 4th on yesterday's stage. Impressive. He can't be far off his first big race win.

raindog

er.....
Are you referring to a Frenchman winning a stage in a French race as foreign? :smile:

robertob

Dauphine is so early on, as someone who has to work sometimes in order to buy some bread and coffee, I do miss to watch it on T, says I'm happy that there are some nice people uploading stage highlights on youtube:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I watched the highlights on ITV4 yesterday evening. Boulting & Millar make a pretty good commentary team. Apparently they did the Tour of Yorkshire as well but I didn't see any of that. Would be great if they kept them on for the big one...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I watched the highlights on ITV4 yesterday evening. Boulting & Millar make a pretty good commentary team. Apparently they did the Tour of Yorkshire as well but I didn't see any of that. Would be great if they kept them on for the big one...
Highly unlikely - P&P will be probably be cheaper because they'd be doing it anyway for SBS/NBCSN/whatever-OLN-Canada-is-now and then itv can send Ned out on the road as usual. But it is an improvement for the smaller races and I even quite like the "generic London cycling" studio set they've got Gary and Chris sat in for TdY and this.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Highly unlikely - P&P will be probably be cheaper because they'd be doing it anyway for SBS/NBCSN/whatever-OLN-Canada-is-now

Yeah, I assume that will be the case. I suspect we're stuck with Tweedledum & Tweedledumber until they eventually retire. Or die, whichever comes sooner.

Back to the racing: another incredible performance from Astana today...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah, I assume that will be the case. I suspect we're stuck with Tweedledum & Tweedledumber until they eventually retire. Or die, whichever comes sooner.
If you want a giggle, let's all tweet itvcycling at the start of the tour to complain about the commentators and ask why they're not using the ones from the Tour de Yorkshire and CdD :laugh:
Back to the racing: another incredible performance from Astana today...
They looked super-strong, well-prepared and totally recovered after yesterday, putting in a performance that seemed not normal. :rolleyes:

Another poor ttt from Sky, putting Froome 30 seconds down on most of his rivals and he was clearly not happy at the end.

Top Bottom