Critérium du Dauphiné *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very, very impressed with Wiggins, very composed. I have to admit I doubted him. So can he get on the podium for LeTour and become the most succesful British rider in the event?

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I was surprised and pleased. Wiggins has signalled his form and intent now. But Evans, Gesink, Van Den Broeck and Rodriguez are all looking like contenders. The people I was most surprised about included Basso who was all but invisible, Samuel Sanchez, similarly, and Tony Martin, who faded badly off the back of the lead group today.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Very, very impressed with Wiggins, very composed. I have to admit I doubted him. So can he get on the podium for LeTour and become the most succesful British rider in the event?

Best guess.... podium yes, maybe a chance of yellow if BC not riding? Who knows on a long tour... it's just as much about who stays out of trouble day after day. Wiggo certainly looks like he's got the concentration and the self-control.

lukesdad

Very well done. Sky are looking better now than at the start. I think Wiggins is punching above his weight mind. I d be surprised to see him in the top 10 in the Tdf .

dragon72

Guru
That's two GC wins this year for Team Sky as opposed to zero in their freshman year on the circuit. Plus they've had some well fought stage wins too. They seem to be getting their act together.

Team Sky seem to have learnt a lot tactically and Wiggins' win was a nice combination of individual brilliance and team tactics. I liked his calm composure and quick cadence but part of me wants to see him do some attacking on the climbs. He defended very effectively but to take on the likes of the shlecks, bertie and everyone else who will be contending for GC in the tdf he'll have to attack too. I can't wait for this year's tour now.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well done to Wiggo but it bothers me that he was the least comfortable of the climbers left today an yesterday. I worry that he might get blown away in the TdF but he's raised our hopes for certain.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The ITT and the TTT could be critical and in his favour maybe.

I'm really pleased he's won the dauphinoise potatoes (as it's known in chez davenport) as whilst I'd love to see it, I don't think he's quite got the edge to seriously challange for the TdF. Results like this and maybe a podium place in Spain should keep the public interest and sponsorship deals going untill a stronger British grand tour contender emerges.

raindog

er.....
Was anyone else impressed with the Dauphiné circuit this year? Apparently it was dear old Bernard Thevenet who designed the stages - I reckon they should let him loose on the Tour next year.

montage

God Almighty
I can't see Bradley climbing with Andy, Frank and Bertie. I can see him taking time out of the GC climbers though - depends how much time he can take on the ITT and the TTT.

I was super impressed with EBH yesterday, dropping some big names!

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm very pleased to see Wiggins take the win and must also admit I didn't think he would do it but I'm very happy to be proved wrong. I hope now that he can put up a good performance in the TdF and a podium finish there would be brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom