Critique my kit list please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Tony said:
Jay, enjoy!!

And Bonj, you really, really don't understand. I assume you never leave the UK; why would you want to? I've done lots of the UK and am still doing more of it. I have toured extensively in Western Europe. My last tour was one hell of an experience, and if you can tell me where in the UK i can sit out at 3am looking at the Southern stars, in a semidesert, surrounded by feral horses, possums and kangaroos, and, more importantly, ENTIRELY self-reliant with no alternative, you can act as my guide.
I don't spend ages on an mtb, Bonj. I also don't offer any advice to people who fancy giving it a try...

Well if you want to spend over 12 hours on a flight in order to be surrounded by ANY type of HORSES, then you've got a different idea of a holiday to what i have... ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Abitrary

jay clock said:
nail clippers

Sorry, lost what was going on with this thread.

Jay, what is the current story with these things.

Is the weight times volume mass squared more than the root of you getting lucky?

Tony

bonj said:
Well if you want to spend over 12 hours on a flight in order to be surrounded by ANY type of HORSES, then you've got a different idea of a holiday to what i have... :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Yes. We've established that. Your holiday involves driving your aluminium bike to Mexborough.

bonj2

jay clock said:
...my gears started to play up, chain running into the spokes, and off the small rear cog too, and indexing up the spout

So when I got off the ferry in Coromandel, I up-ended the bike to sort it out. The problem was that the lockring had come off!

:thumbsup:

Remind me what make your bike is, so I can avoid buying products of theirs?

bonj2

jay clock said:
Whilst cycling round Auckland on Day 0 my gears started to play up, chain running into the spokes, and off the small rear cog too, and indexing up the spout

So when I got off the ferry in Coromandel, I up-ended the bike to sort it out. ... blah blah blah ... Luckily I had ignored the advice of those who suggested saving the 50g that my cassette tool weighed, so was able to replace the lockring as tight as poss with the leatherman pliers, then stopped at a garage to borrow a wrench and do it properly. The nearest shop with a Shimano tool was about 140km away (Whangamata) and without the tool I suspect I would have been finger tightening it every 2-3 miles...not my idea of fun
see this is what i'm on about, about people deliberately going up shoot creek without a paddle because they want to have to hand-craft themselves a paddle.
You started having problems in Auckland, the capital city of the country and with numerous bike shops, but rather than sort it out there, you loaded your malfunctioning bike onto a ferry and then got off and thought 'ooh! shoot! my bike's gone wrong, what'll I do? I know - stop at a farm and borrow a leather tractor wrench to sort it out.'

Tony

How is Spring in Worksop, Bonj?

I really hope, one day, that you will find something to do that will challenge and excite you.
Unfortunately, based on your posts here, it will be buying a 26" tube in Halfrauds......

Bonj Hovi

bonj said:
:thumbsup:

Remind me what make your bike is, so I can avoid buying products of theirs?

A perfect demonstration of your stupidity.

The malfunction was with the cassette not the bike.

Remind me of your IQ.

Is it still below room temperature?

bonj2

Tony said:
How is Spring in Worksop, Bonj?

I really hope, one day, that you will find something to do that will challenge and excite you.
Unfortunately, based on your posts here, it will be buying a 26" tube in Halfrauds......

:thumbsup: you wish.

bonj2

it's becoming clear to me that "Bonj Hovi" is in fact just twatty tone's alter ego for when he wants to be slightly more offensive than he wants people to see him or for reasons probably best only known to himself present a different persona. 10 posts and already ripping the piss? that aint no newbie.

edit: it's also clear that ALL of those 10 posts have been in the Twatting forum. :blush:

Abitrary

bonj said:
it's becoming clear to me that "Bonj Hovi" is in fact just twatty tone's alter ego for when he wants to be slightly more offensive than he wants people to see him or for reasons probably best only known to himself present a different persona. 10 posts and already ripping the piss? that aint no newbie.

edit: it's also clear that ALL of those 10 posts have been in the Twatting forum. :blush:

I spent about 10 minutes trying to work out if it was someone interesting.

Obviously not. Just having a quick read of Tony's posts reveals they have the same 'interestingness' footprint

bonj2

Abitrary said:
I spent about 10 minutes trying to work out if it was someone interesting.

Obviously not. Just having a quick read of Tony's posts reveals they have the same 'interestingness' footprint

and, seven out of his 10 posts are ripping the piss out of ME specifically (yes, that's 70%, I should be flattered really), 1's calling you a "sad dolphin", and the others are
"Baa Ba Bahahaaaa = Klingon is spoken by tossers in Sad Goatese", and
"Dolphins are not that intelligent. They've not figured out how to ride a bike."
:blush:

what saddo sets up a specific username JUST to attack others? Can only conclude he sees us 'radicals' as some sort of threat to his perceived superiority, which incidentally is perceived by only himself :ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
I think that Tony has better things to do with his time than create virtual punters to try and score points. He's not shy about saying what he does and doesn't agree with.

Top Bottom