Critique my kit list please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonj Hovi

bonj said:
and, seven out of his 10 posts are ripping the piss out of ME specifically (yes, that's 70%, I should be flattered really), 1's calling you a "sad dolphin", and the others are
"Baa Ba Bahahaaaa = Klingon is spoken by tossers in Sad Goatese", and
"Dolphins are not that intelligent. They've not figured out how to ride a bike."
:blush:

what saddo sets up a specific username JUST to attack others? Can only conclude he sees us 'radicals' as some sort of threat to his perceived superiority, which incidentally is perceived by only himself :ohmy:

What saddo feels it necessary to defend another saddo who claims to speak Klingon?

Bonj you are a true prat.

Oh while I'm at it - you just can't avoid making assumptions can you?

You've assumed that I'm male.

You've assumed I'm called Tony.

I thought I saw your name on a loaf of bread then I realised it said 'thick cut'

Tony

You are making me giggle. 's not fair.....

And how does Bonj know that I am called Tony?
Bonj. A radical. That rides an aluminium alloy-framed mtb downhill after driving it somewhere in a car. How radical.....
Perhaps he took the mould-breakingly radical step of buying the BSO in Half'd's....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bonj Hovi said:
What saddo feels it necessary to defend another saddo who claims to speak Klingon?

Snip....

I thought I saw your name on a loaf of bread then I realised it said 'thick cut'

:blush::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bonj2

Bonj Hovi said:

Oh while I'm at it - you just can't avoid making assumptions can you?

You've assumed that I'm male.

You've assumed I'm called Tony.

Tony said:
You are making me igle. 's not fair.....

And how does Bonj know that I am called Tony?
Bonj. A radical. That rides an aluminium alloy-framed mtb downhill after driving it somewhere in a car. How radical.....
Perhaps he took the mould-breakingly radical step of buying the BSO in Half'd's....

same old, same old. you're both the same old fat bearded twatty tone, it's so obvious it's untrue. case closed. ;) if you don't like what i have to say, set up your own forum and bar me from it.

If you don't like me, and don't hold out any chance or wish of reconciliation, just do what spindrift does - put me on your ignore list and IGNORE me. Don't wind yourself up and get yourself all hot and bothered and angry - 'cos i'll not go away, and as you know i've got a very thick skin, so there's no point wheeling out all the personal insults you can think of about what you imagine my life to be hoping that i'll get bored and go away - 'cos i won't. you'll not do your blood pressure any good.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
FFS you lot, Jay Clock posted an innocent question about his kit. He already knew largely what he was taking and he's now long gone to NZ. Why the hostility? Let it go.

Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean, calm ........

Tony

Oh, Jay's off on his ride and posting happily elsewhere. The rest of us are just enjoying poking a monkey.
Yes I am fat, Bonj, but how far can you ride in a day? Is it JUST your skin that's thick, or will I need to give you the, er, third degree to find out...
And no, I am not Bonj Hovi. Am enjoying it though!

bonj2

rich p said:
FFS you lot, Jay Clock posted an innocent question about his kit. He already knew largely what he was taking and he's now long gone to NZ. Why the hostility? Let it go.

Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean, calm ........

well he started it :biggrin::biggrin:

Tony said:
Oh, Jay's off on his ride and posting happily elsewhere. The rest of us are just enjoying poking a monkey.
Yes I am fat, Bonj, but how far can you ride in a day? Is it JUST your skin that's thick, or will I need to give you the, er, third degree to find out...
And no, I am not Bonj Hovi. Am enjoying it though!

how far CAN I ride, or how far can i BE BOTHERED to ride?

and, do please enlighten me, what would the 'third degree' consist of??

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks for the the comments and invective totally irrelevant to my trip!!

Am having a great time. In answer to my own original question there is little I regret adding to the kit, so long as I am camping. However I could have avoided camping in nearly every location by using hostels, or occasionally paying over the odds for a cabin or caravan (sleeps 4 so poor value for 1). I had one motel night at $75 (30 quid).

So, I am going back to Aukland on the bus tomorrow, dropping all non essential stuff (ie down to 2 panniers, and heading to Northland)

Happy fighting!

Bonj Hovi

bonj said:
If you don't like me, and don't hold out any chance or wish of reconciliation, just do what spindrift does - put me on your ignore list and IGNORE me. Don't wind yourself up and get yourself all hot and bothered and angry - 'cos i'll not go away, and as you know i've got a very thick skin, so there's no point wheeling out all the personal insults you can think of about what you imagine my life to be hoping that i'll get bored and go away - 'cos i won't. you'll not do your blood pressure any good.

As an expert Bonj claims that he is:
A know-all, a savant, a whizz
When challenged he stamps,
Shouts, pouts and then he rants
Before getting into a tizz

Bonj Hovi

jay clock said:
Thanks for the the comments and invective totally irrelevant to my trip!!

Am having a great time. In answer to my own original question there is little I regret adding to the kit, so long as I am camping. However I could have avoided camping in nearly every location by using hostels, or occasionally paying over the odds for a cabin or caravan (sleeps 4 so poor value for 1). I had one motel night at $75 (30 quid).

So, I am going back to Aukland on the bus tomorrow, dropping all non essential stuff (ie down to 2 panniers, and heading to Northland)

Happy fighting!

Just out of interest, what are you jettisoning? I wish I could get down to two panniers when cycle touring.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I will jettison all camping stuff except sleeping bag. Will keep one set offbike clothes, spare set bike clothes, arm and leg warmer, rain jacket, wash stuff. For 3-4 days I should be fine. Will also reduce tubes to one spare from 3 as touch wood no p*nctures so far

Top Bottom