Cross training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Or to be more specific The mrs has just invested in a cross trainer. Yeah I thought, housewifes choice! Anyway when she wasnt looking wound the resistance up and had a go and what revelation slapped the hr on and had a proper workout,sent he hr through the roof and the pull on the muscles. Im going to use it regularly as part of my climbing training.

anybody else use one?

I am Spartacus

Über Member
They is ok when used in the gym.. I'm just amazed you have the space to have one in your house.. or is that a mansion?
Decent ones like Technogym or Life Fitness are humongous! Big.

Maizie

Guru
We have one, not as huge as a gym one, designed for in-the-home use!
I don't use it that often, but it was after we got it and I wasn't really enjoying it that much that I got the bike out, so it was a good thing ultimately.
My husband, on the other hand, loves it, uses it 4 or 5 times a week, for about 45 minutes a go. He actually managed to break our first one, which was relatively cheap (on the prediction that it would just become a glorified clothes hanger) - a weld holding the upright metal tube with the computer on snapped. So a more expensive/better build quality one came as replacement, now we know it's going to be used. And that gives me an excuse for a bike upgrade B)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
we had one, I sold on e-bay to fund my bike addiction. Prior to cycling I had spells where I used it a lot. If you intend using one properly then, especially if you're a larger gentleman, spending the money for a good one is worth it. Mine was a Kettler, several years old, and it took 3 of us to lift it onto the truck the purchaser brought round to collect it.

Theoretically I may miss it in Winter but not if I keep up the commuting.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Thinking about it, you can pick up a pretty decent Startrac or Schwinn SPIN bike for not alot of money on Ebay... they can fit inside a normal house and are 'good fun' end quotation marks... just the hulking weight of them...................... and pools of sweat

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Iv got a spin bike and a cross trainer-both far too big and heavy to move and so live in the conservitory (luckily its a massive one!!)

I use them both 4 or 5 times a week,probably will be more in the winter. Either infront of the telly or with my Ipod on, but they do not compare to being out on my bike.

you need motivation to use one...it is all to easy to hop off and go and do something else but if your 30 miles from home on a real bike then you have no choice but to carry on!!!:ohmy:

nosherduke996

Yes i have been useing one in my twenty room castle LOL. If you can put up with the sweat the are a great workout.Try going backwards as well, that really pulls on the thighs.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

nosherduke996 said:
Yes i have been useing one in my twenty room castle LOL. If you can put up with the sweat the are a great workout.Try going backwards as well, that really pulls on the thighs.

yes ive noticed that

Jim_Noir

Have one at home, not used it for a while. The Mrs uses it cranked up for her roller derby training

Top Bottom