Crufts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
That's horrible. Not being particularly interested in dogs I had no idea this had happened. Poor animals, the bull terrier in particular.
There are some dogs that can now barely breath because of horrible breeding into bizarre forms. Crufts, although appealing to some dog lovers, is cruel and should be banned in its current form.

Sara_H

Guru
Mine came third in Fetch the Sausage once. It was a real sausage and they had to fetch it back without eating it. He managed a few steps back before it was gone. Some dogs just legged it off the square with the sausage, owners in hot pursuit. Now that's a category you don't see at Crufts, shame.
We once got to the third round of "best biscuit catcher". The biscuit bounced off his teeth and he was eliminated.
We were robbed.

AndyRM

XOXO
There are some dogs that can now barely breath because of horrible breeding into bizarre forms. Crufts, although appealing to some dog lovers, is cruel and should be banned in its current form.

That's also horrible. I don't understand how someone could profess to love an animal then have one which has been maimed by breeding. Poor creatures.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Mine came third in Fetch the Sausage once. It was a real sausage and they had to fetch it back without eating it. He managed a few steps back before it was gone. Some dogs just legged it off the square with the sausage, owners in hot pursuit. Now that's a category you don't see at Crufts, shame.

We once got to the third round of "best biscuit catcher". The biscuit bounced off his teeth and he was eliminated.
We were robbed.

Our previous dog, Bruno (a Staffie/Alsation/Labrador/everything else cross) once won the biscuit eating competiton paws down at a show. It comprised of race where the dogs had to eat a row of biscuits the fastest.

Well, having been a stray and having had to fend for himself before we got him, this was the event Bruno's life had been leading up to and what had been born for as he ate them all so quickly that he started to help the other dogs beside him!! :giggle:

Actually, he was a clever dog and won things like agility competitions (sans biscuits), the best veteran Dog, etc. He was also a Therapet, so an all round good egg (which he would have scoffed in 2 seconds flat too given half the chance).

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Cindy our current Dog has also won various things over the years, including the alternative to The best 6 legs, the best 5 legs, which she actually won despite a most gorgeous looking 3 legged Greyhound being her main rival!!

Cindy was a Pedigree (Staffie) and we think she was intended for show, but when she lost her leg....... Sounds like she dodged a bullet (if not a car) anyway!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Naturally, Cindy is appalled by the news from Crufts, but she also concedes that she would have eaten the food herself, so needs a lie down to consider things:

image.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
I wont watch crufts , bunch of medlers who have ruined somany breeds..

Profpointy

Legendary Member
same with cats. Back in the day - probably 40 years ago - my Uncle had a couple of superb Siamese cats. They were fit, strong, healthy lithe cats looking prowling round like miniature pumas - "proper" cats in every way. Some 10 years ago saw some Siamese cats in a cat show - they looked more space aliens from Area 51 - what had the breeders done to a perfectly fine cat breed?

Top Bottom