Crumbles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Mango and curry crumble - make a mango and passion fruit compote, add some madras to your crumble, serve with coconut Ice cream - orgasmic

simongt

Guru
Nooooo must be custard!!
Absolutely - ! ^_^ But has to be proper home made with skin, not the commercial junk you get in cafes / restaurants. :cursing:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Today's crumble was a wonky mixed fruit one which was rather tasty :hungry:

gom

Über Member
My crumble rules:
1. Custard with crumble fresh from the oven, cream when it’s cold. The latter good on a cycle ride.
2. Demerara a very good choice for the crumble mix.
3. Never put cinnamon in an apple crumble.
4. Overripe banana: mash & mix 50:50 with plain yogurt and a little sugar, yum-yum.

Tribansman

Veteran
Today's crumble was a wonky mixed fruit one which was rather tasty :hungry:

View attachment 583434
Very nice, although I prefer a 70:30 crumble:fruit ratio

I tried your suggestion of banana crumble tonight. Had really ripe bananas left over and put some cinnamon in the crumble, mixed spice in the bananas (with half a cooking apple) and lots of vanilla in the custard.

My verdict: bloody divine! Thank you 👍

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Another crumble today smashed some crunchy nut cornflakes up and added to the crumble mixture.

Then I made one plain apple crumble and a ramakin sized one with raisins , apple and a teaspoon of peanut butter in to see what it's like.

And I'm reporting back to say that it was just sooooooo gooooooood :hungry:

Will admit I was sceptical about putting bananas in a crumble, because my experiences of bananas in things like jams and chutneys hasn't exactly been terribly stellar. But I'm definitely won over by this and will be making it again. :becool:

Tribansman

Veteran
I've got a bunch of about-to-go-off bananas and I'm wondering what to pair them with this time after my (delicious) banana and apple crumble a while back. I'm thinking either rhubarb, blackberries, pineapple or blueberries (or a combination thereof)....

And should it be custard, cream or ice cream :scratch:

What do you crumble aficionados reckon?

Top Bottom