1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Pinch of salt
4 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
⅔ cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon honey

https://cookingmatters.org/recipes/banana-crumble
I'm SO nearly up for making this but I want someone cynical to do it first

mistyoptic

Über Member
I do savoury crumbles too. Swap the sugar for cheese and herbs...works as a topping instead of pastry for most pies, particularly fish pie. Leek, mushroom and feta crumble really good too
Oh, yes! We do this too. Mrs optic does a very fine Lamb crumble with Cheshire cheese and herbs in the topping. A great way to use up the remains of a roast lamb

T4tomo

Veteran
Hmmmmm Banana crumble you say.......is it one of those recipes for using up brown bananas or does it need hard ones?

I have some that have gone brown and was going to do a banana loaf/bread with them, as that's always best with mushy bananas.

Crumble with creme fraiche btw, none of your custard or double cream odd ways.:whistle:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Over the last couple of years i have been making various Crumbles myself , mainly apple and when in season other fruits .

Whilst talking with one of my work customers he mentioned that every so often he made crumbles as well , which surprised me somewhat , he then asked if i had ever tried banana crumble so said no but had wanted to make one , so today's crumble baking session was one large apple and mixed fruit one and a smaller banana crumble .
Well the banana was lovely and i will be doing another one for sure ^_^

Do you have the recipe?

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you have the recipe?
There’s a recipe on post #14

Top Bottom