Crumbles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm unconvinced. Banana crumble?
Try it

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Banana Crumble
Ingredients
4 large bananas
2 cups mixed fresh berries
Non-stick cooking spray
5 Tablespoons whole wheat flour, divided
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Pinch of salt
4 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
⅔ cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon honey

https://cookingmatters.org/recipes/banana-crumble

I'm SO nearly up for making this but I want someone cynical to do it first

I do savoury crumbles too. Swap the sugar for cheese and herbs...works as a topping instead of pastry for most pies, particularly fish pie. Leek, mushroom and feta crumble really good too
Oh, yes! We do this too. Mrs optic does a very fine Lamb crumble with Cheshire cheese and herbs in the topping. A great way to use up the remains of a roast lamb

T4tomo

Guru
Hmmmmm Banana crumble you say.......is it one of those recipes for using up brown bananas or does it need hard ones?

I have some that have gone brown and was going to do a banana loaf/bread with them, as that's always best with mushy bananas.

Crumble with creme fraiche btw, none of your custard or double cream odd ways.:whistle:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Over the last couple of years i have been making various Crumbles myself , mainly apple and when in season other fruits .

Whilst talking with one of my work customers he mentioned that every so often he made crumbles as well , which surprised me somewhat , he then asked if i had ever tried banana crumble so said no but had wanted to make one , so today's crumble baking session was one large apple and mixed fruit one and a smaller banana crumble .
Well the banana was lovely and i will be doing another one for sure ^_^

Do you have the recipe?

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you have the recipe?
There’s a recipe on post #14

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Thanks for suggesting savoury crumbles. Sounds like an idea for tomorrow's tea.

Re the banana thing - I can never keep them in the house long enough to be ripe enough for cooking with. I do love my bananas.

Top Bottom