CS2 London Comnuting Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
So heading West along Mile End Road all the way from Stratford to Aldgatethere is the new segregated cycle superhighway.

Then from Tower Hill to Parliament Square there is the segregated cycle superhighway.

There appears to be no link between the 2 or was I mistaken to recall this was going to be a continuous east west route?

Lonestar

Veteran
It seems to link up with the CS 3.

Lonestar

Veteran
CS 3 goes all the way to Tower Gateway....I did it tonight for the first time...Limehouse to Tower Gateway where the East - West route is...Though I did it the opposite way to hook up with White Horse Road.

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
Correct CS2 is an utter shambles it starts nowhere and finishes nowhere .

The bit from Mile End to Stratford is terrible . What could have been great isn't

Lonestar

Veteran
Correct CS2 is an utter shambles it starts nowhere and finishes nowhere .

The bit from Mile End to Stratford is terrible . What could have been great isn't

Ironic.I've been cycling that bit for nearly forty years but this year have diverted onto the CS 3 and other bits...Not that the CS 3 is perfect,it's too narrow for two way cycling.I bet the rush hour is fun.I only go as far as Limehouse.Don't know how far it runs.

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
CS3 goes all way to barking where it stops being blue painted lanes at the side of A13and continues as a cycle lane for a bit further.

My summer route home used to be CS3 to Beckton then greenway to Stratford . Till Thames shut greenway last year.
CS3 is better once past Canning Town . The bit around spice quay? is not well signed ( or never used to be )

tatr

The Embankment bit links with CS3, but CS2 seems to be abandoned at Aldgate and ends there

Turning off at Altab Ali park, down Adler St, pedestrian crossing, Back Church Lane, CS3 is a pretty good but slow connection.

I also thought I saw some more work going on around the top of Minories and Fenchurch st station. Does that not connect?

subaqua

What’s the point
Turning off at Altab Ali park, down Adler St, pedestrian crossing, Back Church Lane, CS3 is a pretty good but slow connection.

I also thought I saw some more work going on around the top of Minories and Fenchurch st station. Does that not connect?
Nope that's the bus station development works.

An integrated solution would be nice.

tatr

Ah - I mean the works at the top of Jewry Street (next one over from Minories).

That was always a contraflow cycle lane but they've made it more obvious. It takes you down via Coopers Row to join the EW highway at Trinity Square.

I'm sure more signs will follow - they are still putting them up at the moment.

A few taxis use that road to get to the hotel or Tower Hill station but it is quiet enough that I'd cycle on it with kids. (Unlike most of CS2.)

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

Legendary Member

Thanks for the help.
I have no problems going down Leman Street etc, but just thought it odd the way CS2 does not integrate with the East West Route. I am sure it was initially supposed to. Mind you CS2 was supposed to start from Ilford not Stratford when announced

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
CS2 is so pants I've forsaken the Road to Romford, Brentwood and Stock for the road to Barking, Billericay and Stock. It adds about four miles to the trip, but it's so much more relaxing.

Top Bottom