CS7 Blue cycle route London - The Police are watching you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
This morning I got pulled over after jumping a red right.... the road was perfectly clear I was in no danger to myself or any other road users but I blatently jumped the light and got fined £30!! I was in the wrong shouldn't of jumped the lights blah blah sh*t happens.... or dose it!

The copper tells me boris spent X amount of money on these blues lanes blah blah we are here patroling the entire route for the next 6 weeks - so basically they are picking up anyone who jumps lights etc and giving them a fine. I continued my journey to see 2 other cyclists pulled over by police officers on motorbikes issuing tickets to them.

Lets face it we all jump lights - I do it when I know its safe I take the risk and jump them to save time.... just like every other cyclist - everyone knows this. Over six weeks the police are going to pick up bucket loads of cash in fines. It's unjust, it feels like to me they are just recovering money spent on the blue cycle lanes and now they are just targeting cyclists to foot the bill!

We all commute to work for our own reasons, but in doing so we are all helping the environment etc etc etc the government try to promite this by setting up the cycle lanes but then why police them in such a way that they are giving with one hand and then taking straight back with the other!

Please any one who uses this cycle route be very carefull for the next 6 weeks and stop at the lights, I don't know where that copper was hiding because I didn't see him at the lights but he saw me. They are out there to get you!!!

Trevrev

Veteran
Now the floodgates will open !!
You've admitted, here, on cyclechat, that you jump red lights!!
And you've assumed we all jump lights !!!
You naughty boy!
You're going to upset a few people on here with those comments.
I'll keep an eye on this thread....................Could be very funny reading.................LOL

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Lets face it we all jump lights - I do it when I know its safe I take the risk and jump them to save time.... just like every other cyclist - everyone knows this.

Popcorn is ready :thumbsup:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Good, I hope they fine you every time you jump a light. I hate you 'kers who jump lights. One of you caused my friend a serious back injury after crashing into him, and I'm tired of taking the blame for your p1$$ poor riding from every ranty motorist.

There are loads of good riders who don't jump lights. It's only a bad minority like yourself that cause these problems. Now go and play in the traffic or something.

StuartG

slower but further
I feel like shooting the plod for giving the game away. Be good for six weeks then wayhay! That's equivelent to cars braking and accelerating away from GATSOs (and why average checks will replace them).

Its good news that blatant RLJers question the wisdom of their misdemeanours. Boris trying to instill a culture of respect for traffic controlled junctions must be a good thing. I hope it lasts beyond six weeks and possibly spreads. The trouble with these campaigns is that they are often all or nothing. RLJing a junction in front of traffic is NAGT. Whereas ambling across a pedestrian crossing with no pedestrians in sight and no one watching beyond a hidden plod should be within the discretion of the law.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The numpty that jumped 3 sets of lights in the space of a mile this morning would be skint if that happened up here. I passed him every time. The only set he didn't jump was the one that crosses a busy dual carriageway hmmm.

All I will say is.................... ha ha ha ha ha !!!!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
If you jump a red light you are breaking the law so if you get fined then tough as far as I'm concerned. If you don't want to pay the fine don't RLJ. Bit like motorists cmplaining bout speed cameras imho.

icon_rolleyes.gif

martint235

Dog on a bike
Good, I hope they fine you every time you jump a light. I hate you 'kers who jump lights. One of you caused my friend a serious back injury after crashing into him, and I'm tired of taking the blame for your p1$$ poor riding from every ranty motorist.

There are loads of good riders who don't jump lights. It's only a bad minority like yourself that cause these problems. Now go and play in the traffic or something.

+1 many times over

Couldn't have put it better myself Mikey.

I also agree with the other poster (can't figure out multi-quote) that it's a shame the copper said it was only for 6 weeks. It should be possible to police the CSH (and I wish all the other junctions but I'll settle for CSH) all the time and I think the fine should be upped to at least £100.

So please tell us, now you've been fined will you be modifying your behaviour or can I expect a welcome reduction in my council tax bill thanks to your donations?

I was in the wrong shouldn't of jumped the lights
No, you shouldn't HAVE jumped the lights...

Lets face it we all jump lights
No we don't. Won't say I never have but there has been some unusual reason for the very few times I have felt the need to, and it has been for my safety, not convenience

I do it when I know its safe I take the risk and jump them to save time.
That's your lookout then

... just like every other cyclist
Not the case

everyone knows this
"Everyone" being "Mr Irate Motorist writing to the Daily Mail". What you mean to say is that many people incorrectly assume this after seeing you do so, and then have a pop at the rest of us because "everyone knows we all do it". Garbage!

They are out there to get you!!!
No they are not. They are out to get YOU! And good luck to them!

Femto

Highway Code Rule 71:
You MUST NOT cross the stop line when the traffic lights are red. Some junctions have an advanced stop line to enable you to wait and position yourself ahead of other traffic (see Rule 178).

[Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 36(1)]

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I see a RLJer about once a month, I do wish the rest of you would calm down and stop exaggerating. It gives cycling a very bad image that people constantly exaggerate it.

Top Bottom