CS7 Blue cycle route London - The Police are watching you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Femto

free-party-smileys-799.gif

BSRU

A Human Being
This morning I got pulled over after jumping a red right.... the road was perfectly clear I was in no danger to myself or any other road users but I blatently jumped the light and got fined £30!! I was in the wrong shouldn't of jumped the lights blah blah sh*t happens.... or dose it!

The copper tells me boris spent X amount of money on these blues lanes blah blah we are here patroling the entire route for the next 6 weeks - so basically they are picking up anyone who jumps lights etc and giving them a fine. I continued my journey to see 2 other cyclists pulled over by police officers on motorbikes issuing tickets to them.

Lets face it we all jump lights - I do it when I know its safe I take the risk and jump them to save time.... just like every other cyclist - everyone knows this. Over six weeks the police are going to pick up bucket loads of cash in fines. It's unjust, it feels like to me they are just recovering money spent on the blue cycle lanes and now they are just targeting cyclists to foot the bill!

We all commute to work for our own reasons, but in doing so we are all helping the environment etc etc etc the government try to promite this by setting up the cycle lanes but then why police them in such a way that they are giving with one hand and then taking straight back with the other!

Please any one who uses this cycle route be very carefull for the next 6 weeks and stop at the lights, I don't know where that copper was hiding because I didn't see him at the lights but he saw me. They are out there to get you!!!

So can I burgle your house tomorrow when your out, I will not break anything or steal anything just have a poke around, I know it is against the law but no-one will get hurt.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Good, I hope they fine you every time you jump a light. I hate you 'kers who jump lights. One of you caused my friend a serious back injury after crashing into him, and I'm tired of taking the blame for your p1$ poor riding from every ranty motorist.

There are loads of good riders who don't jump lights. It's only a bad minority like yourself that cause these problems. Now go and play in the traffic or something.

So true. Witness the rash of anti-cyclist letters in today's Metro (London) if you want to see the effect RLJing has on the public's perception of cyclists .

I'm not defending any of the letter writers - in fact I've just banged off a response to one who spouted the usual "road tax" nonsense argument - but it just amazes me that some cyclists don't get RLJing in the same way that some motorists don't get using a mobile whilst driving! And guess who comes off worse in the press..........?

Davidc

Guru
Pity the fine isn't a lot higher. Hope they catch a load more RLJing cyclists over the next few weeks.

When I'm in London I see far too many, and more than anywhere elso I go.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Lets face it we all jump lights - I do it when I know its safe I take the risk and jump them to save time.... just like every other cyclist - everyone knows this. Over six weeks the police are going to pick up bucket loads of cash in fines. It's unjust, it feels like to me they are just recovering money spent on the blue cycle lanes and now they are just targeting cyclists to foot the bill!

that is unfair. you are saying it's ok because everyone else does it.. open your eyes and look around. I don't jump red lights, plenty of others don't as well.
The police aren't just targeting cylists either. They are targeting all road users on the route, if you brake the law, you brake the law and you should take the fine and just move on.

To sum it up, RLJ if you want, but don't moan when you get a fine. and you won't get any respect from the rest of us.
[/rant]

benb

Evidence based cyclist
With a little tweaking:

This morning I got pulled over after speeding... the road was perfectly clear I was in no danger to myself or any other road users but I blatently went over the speed limit and got fined £30!! I was in the wrong shouldn't of sped blah blah sh*t happens.... or dose it!

Lets face it we all break the law from time to time - I do it when I know its safe I take the risk and speed to save time.... just like every other driver - everyone knows this. After all, I'm more capable of deciding a safe speed to drive at than the people who set the speed limits. Plus I only ever have 3 pints, maybe 4, plus one for the road when I'm driving.

They are out there to get you!!!

No offence, but you're an antisocial selfish idiot.

The police aren't just targeting cylists either. They are targeting all road users on the route, if you break the law, you break the law and you should take the fine and just move on.
[/rant]

That sounds good.
I guess they'll be catching all of the dangerous road users, including mobile phone using drivers. Just glad they will not be excluding other road users and just targetting RLJ'ers.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
That sounds good.
I guess they'll be catching all of the dangerous road users, including mobile phone using drivers. Just glad they will not be excluding other road users and just targetting RLJ'ers.
They just target rlj cyclists in the city. I think they give 1 ticket to other vehicles for every 5 they give to cyclists

Soltydog

Legendary Member
TBH there's no defence for RLJing, but I think the police time would be better spent at various junctions where motor vehicles jump red lights. They are a bigger danger to the general public than RLJ cyclists

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
l4dva is no troll, however he is certainly very misguided on this as many posts have pointed out.

L4dva is actually a quite decent chap and donated a frame to me for a ongoing fixed project but I would agree that on this point he is misguided.

Top Bottom