CTC Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transexual Ride to Brighton Pride 1st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
8:00 am start? usual place? Put me on the list in pen, I'll be there. So who else is coming folks?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
http://www.brightonpride.org/about-pride.php?meid=u7sjuvu391qc3clbq8ecmubqd6

Pride Festival week, held in August, culminating in the Carnival Parade and Preston Park event, provides the platform and environment to provide events which not only cater for the diverse needs of the local LGBT community, but also act as a focus for LGBT visibility within the wider community. Official estimates indicate that the Carnival Parade and Preston Park event in 2008 attracted 160,000 visitors. Many of these participants were from the local LGBT community (estimated at around 40,000 people) of all ages, especially those who may otherwise feel marginalised such as LGBT teenagers from the Allsorts Projects and those from the Gay Elderly Mens Society. It also attracted many from the LGBT communities in London and rest of the country. Most importantly the wider population of Brighton & Hove join a celebration of the diversity of the city. The event is free to attend, so there are no barriers to entry for anyone from any community, encouraging the culture of inclusiveness and acceptance of which Brighton & Hove is proud.

The Carnival Parade & Preston Park event are about community not commerce. They are free to enter and there is a variety of community facilities, for example, the Women's Tent, Calabash Tent, Line Dancing Tent and Access Tent. There is also recruitment outreach work from the Police forces of Sussex, Hampshire and Kent as well as the local Fire Brigade. Entertainment in the form of dance and cabaret tents is provided by local businesses. We work closely with the council, police and licensing authorities to ensure safe and successful events.
Pride in Brighton and Hove is self-funding in so far as it raises sponsorships, receives donations from events organised by local businesses and the staging of events throughout the year to raise funds. These also act as a continuing focal point for the local LGBT community. These events bring LGBT people together in a safe environment and the inclusiveness improves self esteem and provides a sense of belonging which helps to diminish the psychological effects of discrimination faced by individuals in daily life. 2009 will see a repeat of many of last year's events including the hugely popular Pride Companion Dog Show.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
dellzeqq said:
about fifteen. The mailshot will bring in some more.

Cool! Thanks!

Davywalnuts said:
Oh oh oh! Ape! Can we cycle home via Arundel?? Please? Pretty please?

Who says there is a 'going back'?

You are more than welcome to join me in the Line Dancing tent with my team, the 'CycleChat Chaps Slappers' - I have studied the layout and it is but a stonewall's throw from the conveniences.

I hope they play 'Runaway' by Dellzeqq Shannon - could be a fab day! With a nightrider return.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Aperitif said:
I'll be coming Greg. You might find it a strain having to look at me in daylight but I'll wrap up well.

Excellent. If you et al decide to meander back via Arundel or other scenic spots I'll tag along if I may (as far as Horsham's latitude anyway)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I would think I'll meander back, or at least as far as Gatwick where I can get a direct train. I only have a pass for the day as Jane and boys will have been on hols for week and come back late that afternoon. Staying out partying on the night of their return would not win me any popularity contests.

Top Bottom