CTC Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transexual Ride to Brighton Pride 1st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone 'expert' will be along in a moment but...
There is a big arch in the centre of Hyde Park roundabout - Wellington Arch - that's the usual meeting place. Reasonably easy to access as the pedestrian crossings have cycle crossing 'paths' next to them..

Don't know much about the trains as I usually ride it back to Londres - and beyond...it is all part of the fun!:whistle: Either Adrian, User10571, Tim O or undoubtedly Simon will advise exactly I'm sure. I vaguely recollect there being a discount structure in operation if you book 3 or more tickets online etc...
Trains go back to Victoria - some are quicker than others.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Alas, my work colleague is denied a simple pleasure a honest hard working man deserves...

It seem's, "if its not on the calender, even if talked about, it isnt valid"... so a day pass is denied...

I see why my relationships never last...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh... the lovely Helen is Mrs GG then? And I take it then that a, what you call it again, a "train" is so you get home early and not so worn out huh?? ;-)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
indeed. i will have all manner of duties to perform on saturday afternoon

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Women, always have demands... ;-)

I should be on my new frame for this.... Picking it up friday hopefully and swapping all my parts over that night... is that wise?? Anyhow's, its not the Tarmac S-works I origionally wanted, thats just too good a frame for my lard ass!

I hope the jounrney back isnt tooo bad, ive not gone over 30 miles in the past month!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
RIGHT YOU LOT! Put my mobile number in to your phones 07776 210 731 - and ring me if you're not going to be at the start by about ten to eight - 'cos I intend to leave on the dot.....

clivedb

Guru
OK, Simon. Do you have any further thoughts about getting the train back? - you did think it might be difficult if there were a lot of cyclists.

The weather forecast looks a bit dire - anything more optimistic from the cat?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Sorry - I should have said. The sensible thing to do is to take the train back from Hove, or to ride over to Newhaven or Lewes.

The forecast gets worse as the day goes on - I'm going to press the ride forward as fast as it will go, and take a directish route in the hope of getting there before the rain comes down in earnest.

Top Bottom