CTC Times up !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anybody and everybody can get access to RJW - check this http://www.rjw.co.uk...cycling-claims/

I have had some useful legal advice from RJW as a CTC member without any legal work for them in the offing. I doubt that is available on a Joe Public phone or email in basis. Its those situations, not the ones with a clear potential claim in the offing for which there are any number of law firms touting for, that is the difference IMO.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
(shakes head wearily....)

I'm just round to the post office with the latest batch of cheques!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Count me in dellzeqq, can you pm me the details and I'll send you a cheque. Btw does it run for a whole year or just up to Febuary?
12 months

and for the address - http://fnrttc.blogsp...fridays_06.html

I'm not seeking to persuade people to switch from 'full' membership to 'affiliated' - but, when somebody like YM is looking to cut back on costs, the affiliation option is there. What I can't abide is being told that somehow it's my duty to be a full member.

The odd thing is - that in five years or so from 2006 to 2011 I persuaded something like 75 people to sign up to the full membership. In less than six months The Fridays has signed up over 200 to affiliated membership.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Hi Simon. £12 ! Well looks like you will be getting a cheque then at the end of this month.

Will my CTC number stay the same, and what do you receive as confirmation your affiliated and covered ?

I take it thats £12 for 12 month ?

Sorry for the dumb questions
as luck would have it I've just picked up your club shirt. Do you want me to post it, or are you joining us in York? Fridays bunph here http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/p/fridays_06.html by the way, including my address.

blockend

My membership lapsed this year after 30 consecutive. Tandem club members - the whole family - are covered 3rd party for £10pa or £40 for five years plus benefits and I already pay that.

The main gripe has been lack of support for DA/MGs and cycle touring generally which is viewed as anachronistic. The move to charitable status was handled farcically and the lack of impartiality confirmed my worst suspicions about the club. Sad because the CTC was held in sentimental affection but its campaigning victories seem fairly tame for the financial input and recruitment is based more on fear than tangible benefits.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Please let us know if the CTC ever fire off an e-petition to the gubberment(could the CTC get 100,000 signatures ?)

sheddy

Legendary Member
I asked CTC about epetitions. Reply - Thanks for getting in touch. What we’re focusing on at the moment is a campaign against the introduction of longer lorries. You’ll hear more about that soon. We don’t tend to use petitions, although we do work with the All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group and others to arrange for MPs to table Early Day Motions (EDMs) on various topics. Also, we have our own online system that allows people to object/support causes and contact the people who have the power to make decisions about them. As such, it’s a more targeted tool, but I’ll discuss your idea with our Campaigns Director, Roger Geffen .

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
yes, £12 for twelve months. You still get the discounts at shops. You get a membership card. And you get on my mailing list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't get the mag.

I may be at fault but I have no recollection of getting a membership card.....:whistle:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Edit. It's £39 lol.

http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=4089

It's £37 according to the website - which may be symptomatic of the problems they're having.

The main benefit of being a full member rather than an affiliate is the glossy magazine. Come March I'll have to decide whether that's worth £25 a year (or, more likely, whether I'll just not get around to deciding and let the DD roll over). For a family of 2, one member plus one affiliate is better value than a family membership.

(And I still haven't paid my or Mrs W's Fridays' sub - and must order a couple of tops.)

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I've just cancelled, or rather not renewed my CTC membership.

I wanted both my bubs to have CTC membership/insurance & 2 years ago I 'signed then up' , at the time I had been paying the unwaged price of £24 as I was at college.
2 junior memberships are £15 each, but i was charged £39..? I queeried the £9, was told that family membership was £63 so £39 was the differnce on what i'd already paid to make my membership up to the family rate? I did ask if i could just join my bubs as individuals but was told no because of their age they I had to do it as a family.
We were about to go off on a little tour, I really wanted them to be covered by insurance & tbh at that exact moment I couldn't be bothered to argue over £9.
My membership ran Oct to Oct, I joined them in August, expecting they'd get a full year..Nope!
Come Oct I get my renewel reminder - As we were now all on one membership I had to renew us as a whole.. I was quite annoyed by this, I had paid £39 out less then 2 months earlier, they now wanted another £63, and I was still at college so technically entitled to £24 individual price.
Several phone calls where made, This really bothered me, I felt like i'd been ripped off, why should I have paid £39 for 2 months membership, when 2 individual memberships would have only cost £30 and lasted a whole year?? But I got nowhere, I spoke to at lesat 4 different people, but go nowhere. I was a case of pay up or leave.. I wanted us to be insured, I wanted th support of a big organisation just in case the worse should happen, so grudgingly I renewed. But it left a sour taste in my mouth, £102 in mebership fees in less then 2 months..a sum I really couldn't afford, but felt was vital we had, I had this horrible image that if I did cancel it would be sods law the very next day we'd have some sort of accident.incident!

So to this year.. #3 joined a cycling club in the summer, his years membership to that was £15 & this incluces BC membership & a race license, i've since joined that club too second family member cost was £10 & completed my BC/Breeze Leaders L1 course.
So that's both of us covered for £25, less then half the price of the CTC - I appreciate that CTC do a great job, but their admin side could do with a bit of a tweak & show a bit more understanding, flexibility & compassion

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The Charity Commission has rejected CTC's application for charitable status in England and Wales.

Major egg on face time for Council and National Office!

Oh dear, that was a big fat waste of time and money too then - I'm glad I voted for the bloke in the cycling gear and the knee bandage and not the suit.

Anyway I'm a card-carrying Friday now - I just never get to do the rides, well not this year, hopefully next when the dust has settled. The shirts are nicer too, had my blue star beauty on this morning.

Top Bottom