CTC Times up !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh dear, that was a big fat waste of time and money too then - I'm glad I voted for the bloke in the cycling gear and the knee bandage and not the suit.

Anyway I'm a card-carrying Friday now - I just never get to do the rides, well not this year, hopefully next when the dust has settled. The shirts are nicer too, had my blue star beauty on this morning.

I likes yer style Ed....
thumbsup.png

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the CTC is a democracy. The members voted for this nonsense and they're going to have to dig themselves out of a big hole of their own making - or jump ship. The few hundred that voted against can give themselves a pat on the back, and, as Ed says, some people have found an alternative.

snorri

Legendary Member
Excerpt from K.Mayne statement

"For about five minutes we discussed the fact that the Club’s application for charitable status has been approved by the Scottish regulators and the CTC is now registered as a charity in Scotland but in England and Wales we have been pressing for an early decision on our application......"

That's an interesting complication, charitable status has been approved in Scotland, but not in the rest of the world!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
blimey! Kevin's 'explanation' makes one wonder if it really is serious. And the reason why things are only discussed for five minutes in Council is that they are stitched up ahead of time.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I understand that the suggestion is that they re-apply.

But, if they amend the Mem and Arts, then they should put the amendments to an AGM/EGM.
they've got to, surely. And they'll get the same result if they stick a Super Galaxy in the raffle this time.

I'm well out of it. The paltry response to previous ballots, and the willingness of turkeys to vote for a Christmas (that got cancelled) and knowledge that some of the councillors can barely muster a pulse makes it too much like hard work. Much as you disagree with me on this, Reg, I think Kevin hasn't got much to answer for - he had a point of view, not one that I agree with, and he went about it. The Councillors should have thought about it more critically, and the members shouldn't have given it houseroom.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Just checked. National Office and the Chair did not provide Councillors with a copy of the Charity Commission's letter, which contained the reasons for the rejection.

From what I can gather, a number of Councillors were visibly shaken by the news - as they had been assured that the application was purely a formality.
Holy Moly! Are you s***tin' us Gregster?????????

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Holy Moly! Are you s***tin' us Gregster?????????

It looks like rather a large failure of corporate governance.

It's not just the paid officials who are liable - so are the councillors, who, as the CTC website tells us, are both charity trustees and company directors. The Charity Commission might soon have something else to say - if it's got the resources to a proper regulation job.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The Charity Commission will only release information to the Trustees. Now, if memory serves, not all of the Directors/Councillors are Trustees. Now this sort of takes us back to the discussions about two tiers of Councillors - those who would be trustees and those who aren't.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
surely younglings as splendid as the mini-hatlers get a reduced rate?

or at least a subsidy from fellow members.....

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
surely younglings as splendid as the mini-hatlers get a reduced rate?

or at least a subsidy from fellow members.....
they do indeed get a reduce rate for membership of the Fridays (we settled on 50p each after a short negotiation) but affiliate membership of the CTC is a flat rate.

Top Bottom