CTT Documentary: The Race of Truth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I may be slow to notice this but have just noticed that this short documentary on the UK TT scene (feat. Alex Dowsett) that was created by the CTT and shown on Eurosport a month or 2 back is now available to watch on the following CTT website: http://www.theraceoftruth.org.uk/race-of-truth/

or here:

View: http://vimeo.com/70437068#

Thought I would post it up in case some people may find it interesting :smile:

Yup enjoyed that.

Alex Dowset doesn't look like he has been left wanting as a child. He even got his mothers meal as he came in from a ride!
He'd steal the coat of her back if it was cold out! ;)

raindog

er.....
cheers Rob.
That's a really nice little film. Nice to see different machines being used, from traditional steel frames to modern TT bikes.

oldroadman

Veteran
Interesting, but how can a race of truth really be that when TT in this country are run on main roads with passing traffic? This can have two effects, one the drafting effect of passing vehicles, the other what happens on these big roads when getting to roundabouts, and hold ups can happen? I've seen some near suicidal riding from riders who just fly in and seem to think everyone will get out of the way.
So CTT think this is a race of truth - but is it really? Ridden sensibly on a sensible course - hills, bends, and the like, it's a good workout and a bit of Sunday fun, but a real race of truth is only on a road where outside factors (excluding weather) have no effect. Nothing wrong with riding and enjoying British TTs, keep safe and work hard, but don't take it too seriously!
I think the only proper closed road race will be the ToB ITT in September near Liverpool.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well yes, but maybe you should take your own advice of "don't take it too seriously" with regards the name of the documentary, which was, at the end of the day chosen to attract viewers :tongue:

VamP

Banned
Interesting, but how can a race of truth really be that when TT in this country are run on main roads with passing traffic? This can have two effects, one the drafting effect of passing vehicles, the other what happens on these big roads when getting to roundabouts, and hold ups can happen? I've seen some near suicidal riding from riders who just fly in and seem to think everyone will get out of the way.
So CTT think this is a race of truth - but is it really? Ridden sensibly on a sensible course - hills, bends, and the like, it's a good workout and a bit of Sunday fun, but a real race of truth is only on a road where outside factors (excluding weather) have no effect. Nothing wrong with riding and enjoying British TTs, keep safe and work hard, but don't take it too seriously!
I think the only proper closed road race will be the ToB ITT in September near Liverpool.

I don't disagree, but I believe the Richmond Park TT organised by London Dynamo three times each season takes place before the gates to the park open in the morning, effectively providing traffic free conditions. There are still other cyclists and of course the deer :smile:

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The BC National Champs was also on closed roads.

Does everyone in your club memorize train timetables, and turn up for sign-on accordingly? :laugh:
There have been many incidents where a rider has been stuck at the gates! I was last off one evening and was 20 yards off the 3rd last starter when the barrier went down. What a sight, 4 cyclists were sat waiting on the barrier to come up. :laugh:

The club have since added other routes as, even with train timetables, it was becoming a bit of a joke. The circuit does still get used though as it is a nice technical one.

Top Bottom