cube acid 400 ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
This is a common problem with all sorts of leisure, luxury items. Turbos, weight lifting kit, cycles are either silly money or sold out.

I was looking for a ebike from Europe, but even before Brexit wasnt willing to pay £6-8k for what I wanted. Ive ordered from China knowing I'm looking at best part of half a year for delivery. Even China prices have gone up significantly, but not as much a Chinese made, European sold bikes

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
cube cant be got for love nor money in europe.
just been on to yet another irish dealer he said he been waiting over 3 months for deliverys from cube and could be another 3.
ahh ill hang on until this lockdown is over and ill go a hunting in dublin.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
This is a common problem with all sorts of leisure, luxury items. Turbos, weight lifting kit, cycles are either silly money or sold out.

I was looking for a ebike from Europe, but even before Brexit wasnt willing to pay £6-8k for what I wanted. Ive ordered from China knowing I'm looking at best part of half a year for delivery. Even China prices have gone up significantly, but not as much a Chinese made, European sold bikes
this bloody brexit will kill trade leaving the UK, that raleigh i was after is 350 dearer thats the brexit tax ,i bought couple thorn bikes from sjs cycles never a problem those guys rely on mailorder ,also bought camping gear from the uk ..that farage guy should be hung up by the short and curlys.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Haibike 2.0 used but in pristine condition xt groupset yamaha mid drive 36 volt 250 watt price 1250euro.
looks like my size nice color crazy shape no idea the year .but it certainly was looked after and seller says its trouble free.
is it worth taking the chance or should i hang on and buy either the Raleigh motus grand tour or cube hybrid touring NEW.
i could be saying meself 1200 euro .any thoughts lads greatly appreciated.
jags.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Yamaha system is decent, but not quite as smooth as the Bosch.

That Haibike will be more desirable if it has the larger capacity 500wh battery.

Value depends on the year as well as the condition, but a bigger, unknown factor is the condition of the battery.

Replacements are about £800, and there are very few cheaper pattern ones.

Battery condition can be checked with the appropriate equipment, but that's not realistic with a secondhand buy.

The likes of Yamaha and Bosch batteries do have a longer service life than some.

If you factor in the cost of a new battery, you could only offer the seller about 400 euro, which he will likely take as an insult.

Assuming the battery is in reasonable nick, the asking price looks about right, but the risk is still there.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
If the OP decides he wants a bit more, he can look at link and seek information. A more refined option than a speed sensor interface

I rest my case !

CXRAndy

Guru

Ill be the one grinning when I sail by. Im getting one to have fun, cover a chunk of distance and keep efforts in control. Ive done plenty unassisted big rides, and will do more, but its certainly a giggle when you can tootle by sweat pouring gasping rider :biggrin:

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Ill be the one grinning when I sail by. Im getting one to have fun, cover a chunk of distance and keep efforts in control. Ive done plenty unassisted big rides, and will do more, but its certainly a giggle when you can tootle by sweat pouring gasping rider :biggrin:
i agree i personally thing ebike are great even tho there serious money.doubt they will get much better in the next ten years but you never know .
i think ill pass on the used haibike ill stick it out and buy new.

Top Bottom