Cube Attain SL Disk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Looking at this bike in C2W scheme to use as a winter and general purpose machine.
I'm trying to ignore the previous post to this one but any comments? I can get the 2018 model with a big discount and the 2019 model with a 10% discount but which will see them within £50ish of each other.
Looking for comments please and also considering the slightly lesser specced Contend 1 or 2.

vickster

Legendary Member
Looking at this bike in C2W scheme to use as a winter and general purpose machine.
I'm trying to ignore the previous post to this one but any comments? I can get the 2018 model with a big discount and the 2019 model with a 10% discount but which will see them within £50ish of each other.
Looking for comments please and also considering the slightly lesser specced Contend 1 or 2.
This would be an older model but might be of interest

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cube-attain-sl-disc-1000-mile-review.206137/

I think @NorthernDave has a Contend ?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Cheers @vickster

I've got a 2018 Contend SL1 Disc and it's absolutely spot on. It rides superbly and once set up has needed nothing apart from cleaning / lubing since.
Be aware that they come set up with tubeless, so make sure that the PDI has been done properly...
I'd even go so far as to say it might be my favourite bike and I'd recommend one to anybody.

Size wise I'm 5ft9 with a 29" inside leg and the M is a perfect fit.

Adam4868

Guru
I recently acquired one before Xmas.I got it to use in winter and all seems good.
IMG_20181210_122629822.jpg
It's a tiagra 10 speed groupset and to be honest there's no noticeable difference with my other Ultegra 10 speed.Bar the disc brakes

Adam4868

Guru
Nice bikes,like I say mine is tiagra hydraulics.Ive had all the Shimano groupsets over the years and have a bike with 10 speed Ultegra and this with 10 speed tiagra.Other than the name I notice very little difference.First time I've had discs though.

Top Bottom