Cube GTC Pro Disc: First Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Went out yesterday on this and managed 30 miles. I've not been on a road bike for a while so not sure how much of it was because of the fact it's a different type of bike, or because it's fit to me and will take a bit of getting used to, but I can't say I was overly comfortable!

The seat is higher than bars, it feels quite stretched out, I feel like I am leaning forward onto bars. Consequently, ended with soreish arms, soreish shoulders and sore legs (probably just unfit that one).

It feels like hard work, but will my body get used to the different feel of the bike?

(I'm assuming the fit is correct tbh!!)

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I had this too. You'll get used to it after a while then you'll find it hard riding any other kind of bike as the road bike is just more comfortable over longer distances in general (more positions to place/rest your hands etc)

The bike is a GTC so the seating position shouldnt be as aggressive as some of the more 'racier' line of cube bikes.

I find found my Cube Attain GTC to be quite comfortable when doing +100 miler my sit bones were very sore though but Ive got a newer saddle to test out of that.

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If you're anything like me, your neck will be sore this morning as well. It's common to get aches in all those areas after a long hiatus from a road bike, it will feel like a stretched position the first time back. Give it a couple of rides and reassess, I think you'll likely feel more comfortable.

vickster

Legendary Member
Try flipping the stem? A shorter one if stretched. Can always change back once used to the position

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
:laugh:

Thanks for the ideas (except the last one ha ha)

Went out again last night for 10 miles, was much better. Was on my own so not trying to keep up with someone, made a big difference.

Main concern now is the bike - seems to be noise coming from the front discs and possibly the gears. Not sure though. Don't want to go straight back into the shop after 40 miles to be told it's just bedding itself in or something.

Road bikes are the business though! I loves a road bike!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
New bikes do bed in a little, cables stretch so brakes and gears can play up a tiny bit in the first few weeks sometimes. Give it an oil and a quick check over, give yourself another couple of rides for the positional comfort, and get the bike in to the dealer for a service after 6 weeks or so, and see.
It sounds like tiny, minor stuff though, and you're well on the way to being a confirmed roadie!

Slick

Guru
:laugh:

Thanks for the ideas (except the last one ha ha)

Went out again last night for 10 miles, was much better. Was on my own so not trying to keep up with someone, made a big difference.

Main concern now is the bike - seems to be noise coming from the front discs and possibly the gears. Not sure though. Don't want to go straight back into the shop after 40 miles to be told it's just bedding itself in or something.

Road bikes are the business though! I loves a road bike!
Your right, road bikes are the business. I have a different new Road bike, but similar problem with the noisy discs.

Top Bottom