Cunning plan and bike storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ice2911

Über Member
My lovely OH,who I have to say has been very understanding, would quite like the dining room back. This week I was tasked with sorting the shed to enable bikes to be stored in there. Used some of the tips from a thread on here. Note the cunning plan, two older bikes stored, space for my new tourer and also a possible n+1 space :smile:. Just need to sort fixings on the door with bolts rather than the current two screws holding the bolt in place. Also need to put some sort of more permanent fixing/ground anchor to lock the bikes to inside- any advice? I Also made some room for cleaning/fettling and can hang the bike from roof to work at my level. No rush to move my bike out until I know it is as safe as I can make it. With the lovely weather I have also ridden more miles in one week than I ever have. I love holidays :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 78

Drago

Legendary Member
Got any details of the hangers you used?

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Got any details of the hangers you used?
Came from eBay, I used bolts through the wood rather than screws that came with the hangers. Seem quite substantial, but testing with my older bike before my new baby goes out there. Picture attached with the details

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
My lovely OH,who I have to say has been very understanding, would quite like the dining room back. This week I was tasked with sorting the shed to enable bikes to be stored in there. Used some of the tips from a thread on here. Note the cunning plan, two older bikes stored, space for my new tourer and also a possible n+1 space :smile:. Just need to sort fixings on the door with bolts rather than the current two screws holding the bolt in place. Also need to put some sort of more permanent fixing/ground anchor to lock the bikes to inside- any advice? I Also made some room for cleaning/fettling and can hang the bike from roof to work at my level. No rush to move my bike out until I know it is as safe as I can make it. With the lovely weather I have also ridden more miles in one week than I ever have. I love holidays :smile:

Is there any room to get your hands underneath the shed?
If yes you could mount a large piece of 9mm ply (pre drilled for the ground anchor) under the shed floor then bolt your ground anchor into place. The ply would effectively spread the load of the ground anchor across a much wider area making it much tougher to pull up.
Door security, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/3117...=1006757&device=c&campaignid=737386489&crdt=0

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Where would I put the half used bag of cement? Also the spiders would have to be rehomed.
Alas the two half bags of cement that might come in useful, only slightly gone hard went out in the skip as well. I valiantly allowed the spiders to go free in the garden, well I left the door open all day while I cleared the shed.

OP
OP
Ice2911

Ice2911

Über Member
Is there any room to get your hands underneath the shed?
If yes you could mount a large piece of 9mm ply (pre drilled for the ground anchor) under the shed floor then bolt your ground anchor into place. The ply would effectively spread the load of the ground anchor across a much wider area making it much tougher to pull up.
Door security, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/3117...=1006757&device=c&campaignid=737386489&crdt=0
Good idea, I know I put the shed onto a concrete base, so I could in theory drill and bolt anchor into the concrete, your idea would be a lot less work. Fairly sure I could get something to fit and work.

robgul

Legendary Member
Tip: You can get bikes closer together (therefore more!) using those hangers if you top & tail the bikes - mine are 37mm apart - means I can get 6 bikes across the back wall of my garage.

My hangers each have a large eye-bolt in the wall and a cable + padlock that locks around the frame of the bike.

Rob

PS: Halfords sell the hooks in the OP's pix

Top Bottom