Cunobelin wears a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doog

You know the guy who gives everyone a bloody hard time about wearing a helmet...he posted a pic. Im sure he wont mind me sticking it on here, the many who've been bullied / intimidated /shouted down can have a quiet little chuckle to themselves...^_^...

Heres his rig..spot the lid..

P2288405.jpg

Heres the post (post #10 )

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/packing-for-a-tour.182736/

Perhaps he can tell us why on this occasion he was wearing one ?

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I can't see him...?

Perhaps he can tell us why on this occasion he was wearing one ?

Oh dear... someone has actually bothered to read somsthing on the forum and come up with something that has been obvious for years, then decided to try and use it to forward their own limited and biased agenda with an ill informed post

... Your basic assumption is entirely wrong, why have you assumed it was being worn?

Peaks on helmetsHere is another of the many clues[/url]

There have been many posts over the last eight years or so when advice has been given over the use of helmets.

Because you are unable to see that challenging the ill advised, dishonest claims about helmets is part of informed choice, and chosen to classify anything that does not fall into the "helmets are wonderful" camp is anti-hemet is your issue

This image has been on both this website (and the Windwrap / Terratrike website) since 2010

DSCF00012.jpg

This one since 2011:

DSCF0087.jpg

This one was 2012:
P1070053.jpg

Now why don't you guess the reasoning behind my (informed) choice

Last edited:
OP
OP
doog

doog

Ah, so his helmet is on his noggin?

under his bar bag.....of course it could be just a handlebar accessory for holding his gloves when he goes into the pub, however there may have been stairs in the pub, so im struggling to see why he didnt actually take it with him just in case (what with stairs being inherently more dangerous than cycling according to him)

OP
OP
doog

doog

Oh dear... someone has actually bothered to read somsthing on the forum and come up with something that has been obvious for years, then decided to try and use it to forward their own limited and biased agenda with an ill informed post

Peaks on helmetsHere is another of the many clues[/url]

There have been many posts over the last eight years or so when advice has been given over the use of helmets.

Because you are unable to see that challenging the ill advised, dishonest claims about helmets is part of informed choice, and chosen to classify anything that does not fall into the "helmets are wonderful" camp is anti-hemet is your issue

So having been victim to your anti helmet vitriol (as have many others), singled out and subject to the so called evidence you've hammered us all with that they're a complete waste of time.... can you explain why you choose to wear one ?.....lob in.the scientific reasons / the evidence etc etc......im intrigued....

Drago

Legendary Member
under his bar bag.....of course it could be just a handlebar accessory for holding his gloves when he goes into the pub, however there may have been stairs in the pub, so im struggling to see why he didnt actually take it with him just in case (what with stairs being inherently more dangerous than cycling according to him)

His ball bag?

All you need to do is justify your erroneous and ill informed claims.

Please provide an example of a case where I have advised that helmets should NOT be worn (your interpretation) as opposed to informing the choice by challenging untrue, invalid and unfounded claims (reality)

PS - This one has been on this (and Cycling Plus) since 2008

dragonpennant.jpg

As above - guess what all those have in common?

So having been victim to your anti helmet vitriol (as have many others), singled out and subject to the so called evidence you've hammered us all with that they're a complete waste of time.... can you explain why you choose to wear one ?.....lob in.the scientific reasons / the evidence etc etc......im intrigued....

Are you a little hard of thinking?

Okay...a simple question. Why do you wear a helmet ? ..Ive never had an agenda so please dont chuck that one back at me...everyone has a choice and ive never said otherwise...

You are still making ill informed assumptions as to whether I wear one or not.
Is it snowing or icy?

Is there an increase of a LOW SPEED IMPACT?

In this case a helmet may make a difference, however it is SNELL rated fits properly, has few snag points, and is unlikely to cuse a rotational injury, however on the same trike, in good weather, I would not wear one as there is little evidence to show them to be effective.

As with the "pub" it was a winter morning, with ice and snow on the upper reaches of teh Suth Downs way. At low speed and a LOW SPEED IMPACT there mey be some contribution, but on the road then there is again little point.

I have reduced my risk with training, experience and choice of cycle..... far greater reduction than offered by a helmet

I wear a helmet part of the time, but the majority of my rides (especially on the 5 trikes) I don't bother as they have little to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom