Cunobelin wears a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broadway

Veteran
e1996ea0c0af0132d64a005056a9545d.jpg

........but wears one on a three wheeled bike..

Let me assure you that if there was a possibility of my three wheeled trike becoming a bike whilst in motion that would be a valid reason for wearing a helmet, also elbow and knee guards as as well.

Or of course you could reduce the risk of it becoming a bike, by making sure all three wheels are attached correctly - you could then decide whether to wear one or not.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Only he can explain why he doesnt wear a lid in the shower but wears one on a three wheeled bike...according to him the former is equally as dangerous as the latter.
You don't get it :smile:
There is danger in everything, sometimes we choose to take precautions against danger, sometimes we don't, according to our personal risk assessment.
Of course, if there's a law that says "you must wear a helmet, a hi-viz vest, safety boots, whatever" then the risk assessment is not ours anymore, it's imposed by somebody that may or may not have the right info about the safety equipment or the perceived risk.

Yes, one could slip in the shower (more so if one is elderly, that's why there are safety rails) but one does not wear a helmet because it's impractical.
Unless there's a law that says you must wear one in the shower! But there isn't one (yet!) so we do whatever suits.
If there was such a law, would any old helmet be acceptable? Will it save your head, or maybe you'll break a leg instead.
Really, all that @Cunobelin ever said was, if you want to wear a helmet wear one that is tested to some standard and that fits.
He also said a law of compulsion would be wrong because - you can look it up yourself, it's a long story.
I don't know about the other forum you mention, but on here C. has never been "vitriolic".
Maybe a bit repetitive :tongue: but I must say, a lot more informative than the vague "cycling is not dangerous" statement (some) members on here are fond of quoting.

All you need to do is justify your erroneous and ill informed claims.

Please provide an example of a case where I have advised that helmets should NOT be worn (your interpretation) as opposed to informing the choice by challenging untrue, invalid and unfounded claims (reality)

PS - This one has been on this (and Cycling Plus) since 2008

dragonpennant.jpg

As above - guess what all those have in common?

Helmets are all very well, but attaching large flags to your head with your Games of Thrones flair is a big no no.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Please at least post one thing accurate in this thread... as explained before...

The phrase is "occasional helmet wearer", claiming I am a "helmet wearer" is wrong, untrue and inaccurate
Not really, can you be a little bit pregnant, or racist or even a little bit of a cyclist. Apologies for any TMN's, I'm not at the end of the thread yet...

I'm sorry, I don't mean to gang up on the argument...or you...i'm just enjoying the discussion, whilst I fully support your stance, which I understand to be that we should all make choices based upon informed fact and not media hype...I can't help but think your suggested objectivity would have been increased if you finished with..."that said I choose to wear one for own reasons."

Not really, can you be a little bit pregnant, or racist or even a little bit of a cyclist. Apologies for any TMN's, I'm not at the end of the thread yet...

I'm sorry, I don't mean to gang up on the argument...or you...i'm just enjoying the discussion, whilst I fully support your stance, which I understand to be that we should all make choices based upon informed fact and not media hype...I can't help but think your suggested objectivity would have been increased if you finished with..."that said I choose to wear one for own reasons."

Is it worth introducng a "Doog Statement" to the forum.. perhaps we could call it a "Doogment"

If not stating in each post that you may (or may not be wearing a helmet) is "fraud", then so much of the content of this forum is invalid.

.. and please forgive me because I am guiilty

I have posted on trailer threads, without declaring that I also use panniers

I have given advice on children's bikes, without pointing out that I don't actually ride one

I have posted on threads about recumbent trikes without making it clear that I also own several Uprights

I have recommended tres without making it clear that not all my fleet of bikes have these tyres

Perhaps we should lean from this thread and make "Doogments" mandatory

classic33

Leg End Member
Is it worth introducng a "Doog Statement" to the forum.. perhaps we could call it a "Doogment"

If not stating in each post that you may (or may not be wearing a helmet) is "fraud", then so much of the content of this forum is invalid.

.. and please forgive me because I am guiilty

I have posted on trailer threads, without declaring that I also use panniers

I have given advice on children's bikes, without pointing out that I don't actually ride one

I have posted on threads about recumbent trikes without making it clear that I also own several Uprights

I have recommended tres without making it clear that not all my fleet of bikes have these tyres

Perhaps we should lean from this thread and make "Doogments" mandatory
Is that the final doogment on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom