Cunobelin wears a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are 34 pages worth.....and probably more...but of course you know that.....

Your'e probably very embarrassed and clearly on the defensive, understandable under the circumstances......

However sometimes you wear a helmet (apparently more often that not) and sometimes you dont.(but there is no evidence of that) ....which is probably a fair reflection of the people you have been battling with on this very forum...its a shame you never made them aware of your true position when you joined with others in rounding on unsuspecting posters over helmet issues....

Why should I be embarrassed?

The fact that you were wrong in the OP, made a number of untrue and ridiculous claims, had this pointed out by numerous people, don't have the decency or integrity to read the posts, ("can't be arsed") and then post more ill-informed tripe...... and I should be embarrassed?

Please feel free to continue posting tripe.... It would be amusing if it was not so sad

This just shows your character, I politely asked you to do something for me and you chose to make it harder.

Nope - I pointed out that it was already posted in this thread.
I had assumed that you had read it and would be aware of the post

If you haven't read the thread then try Post 31

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
On every fast ride there are times when you will have slow moments.

Please C show me where in the past you have posted about the benefits of helmet wearing.
As @swansonj has pointed out, @Cunobelin may be a tedious and monomaniacal nobber but he is intellectually consistent, with a decent grasp of risk assessments. The thudguard is all about the benefit of wearing a helmet, as are the posts about stairs.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
He's never made his stance abundantly clear just wrapped it in riddles and confusion. However unless you've been subject to his knee jerk reaction posts you wouldnt understand. Im sure plenty on here will be reveling in his latest admissions....he was quick as hell to jump on them.

Its a shame he never had the integrity and honesty to admit he was a helmet wearer before launching his mountain of evidence on unsuspecting users who were suddenly lobbed into this part of the forum without any knowledge of the posters they were coming up against....

He's created his little internet persona ....shame for him its a fraud,,,
If you had taken the time to read the posts in the helmet threads which @Cunobelin has contributed to, you would have found that it was abundantly clear that he wore a helmet, I don't think I've seen a picture of him before but I certainly knew he wore a lid because he had pretty much said so, numerous times. Your posts here demonstrate the biggest problem with these threads and that is the inabilty of people like yourself to actually read and understand, as soon as your blinkered view is challenged you start squealing about bullying and being ganged up on and the anti helmet brigade, rather than taking a breath and reading what people like @Cunobelin have actually written.
Not only is it obvious from his posts that @Cunobelin wears a helmet, he has also offered advice on a number of occasions to people that are looking to buy a helmet, no agenda, just advice.
Whether he wears one all the time, some of the time or none of the time is immaterial, what he says is look at the evidence then decide, that's what he's done. That approach is far more creditable than wearing because it's obvious innit. Your claims that he lacks integrity and honesty and is a fraud are rude, ill informed, show a complete lack of comprehension and frankly make you look like a tit.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think most people know Cunobelin wears a helmet. He's certainly never hidden the fact. He's certainly not anti-helmet, rather pointing out (ad-infinitum) that people should buy the correct helmet that confirms to the best safety standards IF they were to wear one. If any one should be embarrassed, it's you Mr OP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
doog

doog

Why should I be embarrassed?

The fact that you were wrong in the OP, made a number of untrue and ridiculous claims, had this pointed out by numerous people, don't have the decency or integrity to read the posts, ("can't be arsed") and then post more ill-informed tripe...... and I should be embarrassed?

Please feel free to continue posting tripe.... It would be amusing if it was not so sad

Posting tripe ? I would struggle to beat you at that. I dont think Ive ever seen a single post where you've said you wear a helmet although you'll probably dig one up. A recent thread on CTC directly asked the question, yet again you dominated the thread but couldn't bring yourself to tell others that you wear a helmet. At least others were being honest...why cant you? So instead of admiring their honesty and choice over the matter, you hid the fact and proceeded to question their motives.

You chose to go down your usual tedious route of challenging everyone and anyone . In particular you often state that car drivers , pedestrians on icy roads or otherwise, people who use the stairs, dogs, cats. children, people up ladders, people in coffee shops and pubs with low beams should really wear helmets..even those having a shower and doing the laundry.

You've justified your helmet wearing pics by saying you risk assessed the situation. If you were going to risk assess every activity , compare it with cycling then allege its just as dangerous then show me your shower helmet, the one you wear walking down the road when its icy. The helmet you wear on the stairs and up a ladder. Show me your pub helmet...You've indicated to others again and again that all of these activities carry the same risk of head injury...so why dont you wear one when undertaking them ?

Thank you, I must say you sure have a funny way of showing your support for helmet wearing.

I don't support helmets, apparently it is all "anti helmet vitriol"

The reason that Doog is so miffed is that he cannot understand the concept that there should be a choice, and that pointing out the limitations, challenging invalid and unevidenced statements is part of informing that choice.... the concept that anything that does this is "anti helmet vitriol" is absurd as this whole ill informed concept of this thread.

The laughable thing is that despite my "dirty little secret" being open knowledge to the vast majority of the forum it is really rater irrelevant.

People should make their choice on the evidence, not what people do or do not wear.

OP
OP
doog

doog

You claimed that he had been hiding his helmet wearing habits, and that he was guilty of anti-helmet vitriol.
Both of those claims are demonstrably untrue, ergo you made them up.

You probably need to get on the wrong side of a few posters on here to understand vitriol. Constantly calling people liars is vitriolic and I stand by my claim. I also dont recall him ever advertising his helmet wearing habits..if skirting the issue over several years / forums whilst telling people they are wearing helmets for entirely the wrong reason isnt hiding the fact, then what is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom