Cunobelin wears a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wearing my objective hat on (helmet to some), I gather what he saying is that he wears the helmet occasionally and knows its limitations. I suppose the clarity is when are the occasions he does not wear a helmet.

More importantly, he should be able to provide photos where he rides a bike where he does not wear a helmet as fast as he provided photos of him wearing helmets while riding a bike. Should not take more than 10 minutes from this post.

More people will suffer head injuries forms falls on stairs than cycling yet time on stairs is less tnan that spent cycling

(retired teachers...its his spelling not mine):okay:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/why-wouldnt-you-wear-a-helmet.180820/page-23

You said it...my argument was that people spend more time climbing stairs than cycling....irrespective...we now know you wear a lid on the bike, my question is do you wear one on the stairs ? ...

How difficult is the concept that I OCCASIONALLY WEAR a helmet on a bike on even more rarely on a trike, AND ONLY WHEN THERE IS AN INCREASED RISK OF LOW SPEED IMPACT

If it is really too complex for you to understand the concept of looking at the risk of a particular ride and making an informed choice, despite it having been explained several times (and understood by everybody else) then there is no point in continuing... I will leave you to your fantasy world

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
How difficult is the concept that I OCCASIONALLY WEAR a helmet on a bike on even more rarely on a trike, AND ONLY WHEN THERE IS AN INCREASED RISK OF LOW SPEED IMPACT

If it is really too complex for you to understand the concept of looking at the risk of a particular ride and making an informed choice, despite it having been explained several times (and understood by everybody else) then there is no point in continuing... I will leave you to your fantasy world
Please don't stop now. This is the most entertaining helmet thread in absolutely ages. The level of intelligence displayed by helmet evangelists is astounding!

Dan B

Disengaged member
What next, will we see pictures of headphone defenders wearing nothing in their ears? Photos of people who say "there's nothing wrong with Lycra" caught riding in jeans and T-shirt? Clipless pedal advocates riding in ordinary shoes? Utility cyclists driving cars?

Please don't stop now. This is the most entertaining helmet thread in absolutely ages. The level of intelligence displayed by helmet evangelists is astounding!

If I have to bang my head against Doog's brick wall any more... I will need a new helmet!

OP
OP
doog

doog

More importantly, he should be able to provide photos where he rides a bike where he does not wear a helmet as fast as he provided photos of him wearing helmets while riding a bike. Should not take more than 10 minutes from this post.

tumbleweed.gif

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Bad manners to wear one inside.
Antisocial to wear one outside and take us all one step nearer legislation compulsion, but that doesn't seem to matter, does it?

Couldn't agree more.....

This is your our 'evidence" of "anti helmet vitriol"?

Both rather prove my point about your lies... indeed painful (but not for me)

The first is a reasonable request for someone to justify their claims ( worryingly you find this unacceptable)

As for the second, lets put it in context:

It was a reply to a light hearted thread which had started with this post:

I had a crash on my club ride yesterday. I was at the back of the group when an oncoming car swerved into our lane while passing a parked car on his side of the road. The group concertina braked and I headed for a gap between the heavily braking guy in front and the curb (while braking) and went down heavily. I badly scraped my leg, cut and bruised my finger and landed upside down still clipped in. When I had recovered enough to sit up I undid my helmet, popped it on the floor and carefully placed my glasses and gloves in it while checking to see if everything else was working as it should, on me and the bike. Without my trusty helmet I would have had to ask a virtual stranger to hold these vital items or else put them DIRECTLY on to the floor :eek: so it really saved my life that day.

This pathetic attempt of using a perfectly appropriate and on topic post out of context really a sad and desperate attempt to support your lies... please at least come up with something that is real

OP
OP
doog

doog

This pathetic attempt of using a perfectly appropriate and on topic post out of context really a sad and desperate attempt to support your lies... please at least come up with something that is real

your'e a hypocrite .no more no less, you have 34 pages of threads on helmet debates....havent found one where you profess to wear one (up until this thread lol ..ha ha ) although to be fair I cant be arsed to look through them all...perhaps you can dig one up for us

I see you created a bit of mileage in your sig...nice but slightly desperate.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
your'e a hypocrite .no more no less, you have 34 pages of threads on helmet debates....havent found one where you profess to wear one (up until this thread lol ..ha ha ) although to be fair I cant be arsed to look through them all...perhaps you can dig one up for us
Isn't that normally the job of the person trying to prove their point. Not the one being questioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom