Cunobelin wears a lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
your'e a hypocrite .no more no less, you have 34 pages of threads on helmet debates....havent found one where you profess to wear one (up until this thread lol ..ha ha ) although to be fair I cant be arsed to look through them all...perhaps you can dig one up for us

Yet you still can't find one which supports your "anti helmet vitriol" lies.. you should have dozens to choose form if there was any truth in your claims.

Even sadder is that you are lying again.

I provided evidence before, yet your response was;

.I really cant be arsed to wade through the lot

Shame that you are willing to lie and make false claims yet "really cant be arsed" to provide any evidence.

The fact that you are continuing to lie, yet admit that you neither have, and didn't even have the decency to look at the evidence is appalling.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
your'e a hypocrite .no more no less, you have 34 pages of threads on helmet debates....havent found one where you profess to wear one (up until this thread lol ..ha ha ) although to be fair I cant be arsed to look through them all...perhaps you can dig one up for us
Sorry @doog but if you had followed the forum for a bit you'd have known that @Cunobelin wears a helmet sometimes. I think I first noticed on a picture of him riding in the snow, it was a thread about ice tyres I believe.
I get where he comes from because I do exactly the same, sometimes I wear one, sometimes not. So do quite a few of my friends btw, we do a sort of subconscious risk assessment even before we had heard about the helmet debate, tbh.
The only think I could disprove about @Cunobelin reasonings are the fact that we don't put thud guards on children ... we do abroad, but I haven't got 50 year old pictures of my wee brother wearing one :laugh:

Sorry @doog but if you had followed the forum for a bit you'd have known that @Cunobelin wears a helmet sometimes. I think I first noticed on a picture of him riding in the snow, it was a thread about ice tyres I believe.
I get where he comes from because I do exactly the same, sometimes I wear one, sometimes not. So do quite a few of my friends btw, we do a sort of subconscious risk assessment even before we had heard about the helmet debate, tbh.
The only think I could disprove about @Cunobelin reasonings are the fact that we don't put thud guards on children ... we do abroad, but I haven't got 50 year old pictures of my wee brother wearing one :laugh:

Thudguard is ironic.... it is a cr@p product that simply reflects all the pro-helmet evangelist arguments.

It is unpopular as it is difficult to justify why for examplewhen the president of the College of Emergency Medicine suggests cycle helmets we should unequivocally wear them we should listen, yet when the same person on the same level evidence suggests wearing a Thudguard their opinion is no longer valid

As for my "dirty little secret" just because you and most of the forum were aware of this is simply not relevant to Doog's fantasy... neither reality or fact has anything to do with this

OP
OP
doog

doog

thats probably true...he tends to impose himself on helmet debates, I dont read much outside the touring forum...simply made the mistake of wondering into a helmet debate and getting hijacked big style...hence my response to a few threads...

Hes wearing a lid on a touring bike to the pub and on a recumbent....two activities that probably dont rank high on a cycling risk assessment .... I dunno...

I thought he was a FANATIC ......obviously not :sad:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
a touring bike to the pub and on a recumbent....two activities that probably dont rank high on a cycling risk assessment .... I dunno...
Once I sat on a 2 wheeled bent, only sat, mind, not rode it ... it is high risk! :B) :laugh:

OP
OP
doog

doog

Yet you still can't find one which supports your "anti helmet vitriol" lies.. you should have dozens to choose form if there was any truth in your claims.

Even sadder is that you are lying again.

I provided evidence before, yet your response was;

Shame that you are willing to lie and make false claims yet "really cant be arsed" to provide any evidence.

The fact that you are continuing to lie, yet admit that you neither have, and didn't even have the decency to look at the evidence is appalling.

Give over you big jessie....you previously posted

Doog is one of the "Wear a helmet or we will all die painfully" Brigade, so doesn't like this simple mantra being questioned.

err point me to where Ive said anything approaching that....?

Read the evidence, make up your own mind and don't' be bullied by the "Wear a helmet or be a vegetable" evangelists

Yet you wear a helmet :laugh:....who bullied you Cunobelin

You really couldnt make it up

thats probably true...he tends to impose himself on helmet debates, I dont read much outside the touring forum...simply made the mistake of wondering into a helmet debate and getting hijacked big style...hence my response to a few threads...

Hes wearing a lid on a touring bike to the pub and on a recumbent....two activities that probably dont rank high on a cycling risk assessment .... I dunno...

I thought he was a FANATIC ......obviously not :sad:

At last some semblance of reality... you have admitted that your you were wrong.

However please have the decency to read the replies posted
Hes wearing a lid on a touring bike to the pub

Untrue... as posted previously this was the South Downs Way with Ice and Snow,.... if 100 miles in these conditions is a mere "trip to the pub" for you then "Chapeau"

and on a recumbent

Did you not notice the white stuff in the pictures... obviously not

....two activities that probably dont rank high on a cycling risk assessment .... I dunno...

Different opinions, but I consider 100 miles in winter conditions, and a thick layer of snow and ice .... as ranking fairly high on a risk assessment

Again if you consider these as "low risk" then "Chapeau"

Last edited:
You really couldnt make it up

Once again you are absolutely right, your continued lies and avoidance defy the wildest imagination.

This nicely avoids why the only reason that you failed to to see any of the evidence that proves you are lying is because , by your own admission ..... you "couldn't be arsed" to actually read the posts,

Being in denial of your lies does not make your conduct any less appalling

where have I admitted I was wrong ?...are you nuts

Please at least read your own posts if you "can't be arsed" to actually read or respond to others

I will let you go back and if you can actually be "arsed" to read what you wrote then it will be a moment of epiphany for you I am sure

...and I still await any evidence of "anti helmet vitriol" after the previous pathetic and sad attempt of quoting out of context

OP
OP
doog

doog

...and I still await any evidence of "anti helmet vitriol" after the previous pathetic and sad attempt of quoting out of context

There are 34 pages worth.....and probably more...but of course you know that.....

Your'e probably very embarrassed and clearly on the defensive, understandable under the circumstances......

However sometimes you wear a helmet (apparently more often that not) and sometimes you dont.(but there is no evidence of that) ....which is probably a fair reflection of the people you have been battling with on this very forum...its a shame you never made them aware of your true position when you joined with others in rounding on unsuspecting posters over helmet issues....

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
On every fast ride there are times when you will have slow moments.

Please C show me where in the past you have posted about the benefits of helmet wearing.

On every fast ride there are times when you will have slow moments.

Please C show me where in the past you have posted about the benefits of helmet wearing.

There is the post that Doog studiously ignored because it was ,,,,,, go back and read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom