(Curious on your opinion) If your landlord won’t allow pets would you risk hiding them or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rats are more intelligent than horses.
But horses have a use, the only use rats have is spreading diseases. Also I am not sure that the way they measure intelligence is accurate as in it is a matter of opinion. I suspect they compare them to a humans.

Must admit I'm puzzled by your post, in which you admit you have allowed your dog to kill wild animals, but you then express concern for animals kept caged as pets!?!?!
Feel free to show me where I said my dog kills animals. The rat was already dead.
Anyway I was talking about interaction. I was not expressing concern for the caged animals.

Last edited:
PS also my dog is not allowed to fetch rabbits or hares or squirrels but she sometimes forgets! Specially myxceed rabbits as they often just lay there and she can't bring herself to walk past. Feathers no fur.

Smudge

Veteran
PS also my dog is not allowed to fetch rabbits or hares or squirrels but she sometimes forgets! Specially myxceed rabbits as they often just lay there and she can't bring herself to walk past. Feathers no fur.

My dog would happily catch and kill a wild rabbit if he was fast enough to catch them. But Staffies aren't known for their speed, as much as he tries. Grey squirrels are also fair game for him to go after.
Useless dog, i'd be pleased to have either for the pot.

My dog would happily catch and kill a wild rabbit if he was fast enough to catch them. But Staffies aren't known for their speed, as much as he tries. Grey squirrels are also fair game for him to go after.
Useless dog, i'd be pleased to have either for the pot.
She is allowed to bring back birds but she is not allowed to damage them dead or alive!

Guinea pigs don't chew wires vs rats, mice, gerbils and rabbits that certainly can and do.....

Many renting contracts here (in fact most) have a no animal policy but when you ask in 90% of cases the landlords are OK about it and hence many people in rented have small pets.

Fish could be an alternative ?

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Neigh lad.

Shetland Pony type :laugh:
If you kept a Shetland pony in your house a neighbour would complain to the RSPCA as a house wouldn’t meet the animal welfare act not just house but also they need to graze and have hay racks etc...

@lazybloke why do you think it’s unfair?. I personally don’t agree with birds in cages because they should have possibility to fly when ever as in the wild they have the sky. I say the same for fish kept in tanks as in the wild there would be endless water. However for rodents such as a hamster you can re create their natural environment as long as you cage Is large enough. ( a lot of pet store hamster cages are way to small however you can ussually find alternatives similar with other animals

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Why would you want caged animals? How do you interact with them? The dog brought me a rabbit back today, even if it wasn't myxceed how would I interact with it?. They are truly dumb animals, as was the rat she found later. Even if it hadn't been dead. What possible joy can you get out of caged animal? And in the case of the animals you have mentioned, in a cage or otherwise what joy do they or you gain? Is there an interaction?
My dog is looking at me, she will bark in a minute which means she wants me to open the front door so she can listen to the night sounds and sniff the night air. And what will your hamster want?

rodents are smarter than people think. Hamsters can be handled ad can be taught basic tricks like to come when it’s name called (before I moved I did have a hamster before he died and he knew his name as when ever I said it and he was awake he would come up to the bars etc...) same with other rodents. You can bond with small animals.

Dogs shouldn’t even kill animals. It’s cats that ussually bring dead animals in as Unless it’s instinct and you said yours was a Staffies. Stafffies were breed for fighting like pit bulls. I would understand more if it was a Jack Russell terrier or west highland terrier.

Dogs shouldn’t even kill animals. It’s cats that ussually bring dead animals in as Unless it’s instinct and you said yours was a Staffies. Stafffies were breed for fighting like pit bulls. I would understand more if it was a Jack Russell terrier or west highland terrier.
Check who said what.
I have never said my dog kills and I don't own a Staffie. Further more staffies do kill generally anything they can get their teeth on to.

.Dogs shouldn’t even kill animals. Unless it’s instinct more if it was a Jack Russell terrier or west highland terrier.

That is fairly contradictory

Last edited:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Check who said what.
I have never said my dog kills and I don't own a Staffie. Further more staffies do kill generally anything they can get their teeth on to.

That is fairly contradictory
This is true. This is the chap who uses a shock collar on his dog instead.

This is true. This is the chap who uses a shock collar on his dog instead.
Spaniels have to have "soft mouths " so they don't damage the bird. If shot and wounded or killed they should bring back undamaged. If wounded alive. I use shock collar on buzz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom