Curtain Rail around Bay Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Currently got an expensive pathetic useless IKEA rail around the bay, it doesn't work, the curtains snag & don't go around the corners. Looking for a solution.

IMG_20191110_122531.jpg

IMG_20191110_122540.jpg

IMG_20191110_122534.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have an old metal rail which uses metal gliders that have two little wheels on them.

I reckon the wheeled gliders are less likely to snag than friction ones.

Only problem is there is a small crack in the rail so I get an occasional curtain derailment.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I have an old metal rail which uses metal gliders that have two little wheels on them.

I reckon the wheeled gliders are less likely to snag than friction ones.

Only problem is there is a small crack in the rail so I get an occasional curtain derailment.
i reckon the problem with Phaeton's rail is the tight corners. The same problem will exist with wheeled rollers.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

i reckon the problem with Phaeton's rail is the tight corners. The same problem will exist with wheeled rollers.
As @MontyVeda says above, the problem is certainly the sharp radius on the corners, ease them off a bit and it should work fine.
You can't they are formed that way, hence why when we shelled out the money we figured they would work, but as you have both suggested the bend is too tight, as a BTW they no longer sell it in Ikea

classic33

Leg End Member
Could you fit a three inch radius curve, without it standing out too much, into the corners?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Could you fit a three inch radius curve, without it standing out too much, into the corners?
I'd guess they're already a three inch radius and probably a bit more.

@Phaeton... have you tried adding more of those little runners and more hooks? Are they snagging because they're trying to cut the corner as you drag the curtain round (if that makes sense) ?

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
There a pain, weaken the angle is the easy way but it depends on where the drop finishes.

I use swish plastic ones for my bow window, nearly 4m length so have to join as well.

Im presuming you cant do a straight full drop across the bay? And make a feature with a nice curtain and pelmet with nice tie backs ect

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

(if that makes sense) ?
Perfect sense, but if we do that the ruffle/pleat is not at the desirably ruffle/pleats per foot
Im presuming you cant do a straight full drop across the bay? And make a feature with a nice curtain and pelmet with nice tie backs ect
You presume right for 2 reasons, 1) It's no longer the 1950's ^_^ 2) The settee/couch that lives in the bay would take too much out of the room if it was moved 400mm forward.

Top Bottom