Curtain Rail around Bay Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Is that the original brass track and runners?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Interesting. I think it was Harrison Drape who had that track first - but in brass. Both companies were acquired by Sunflex so maybe the Swish version was dropped when they rationalised the product lines. I left there 6 years or so ago, I forget what all the tracks were now.

Proto

Legendary Member
Interesting. I think it was Harrison Drape who had that track first - but in brass. Both companies were acquired by Sunflex so maybe the Swish version was dropped when they rationalised the product lines. I left there 6 years or so ago, I forget what all the tracks were now.
They were a thriving business very quickly in the 50’s, and quickly sold out to the Duport Group** (Slumberland Beds amongst others). They only needed one MD so my father was paid off and my uncle remained as MD of Swish until his death in the early 70’s, by which time he was a very wealthy, but deeply troubled, man. Not really sure what happened after that but the manufacturing plant in Tamworth eventually closed, and it looks like Swish has morphed into building products company.

**Not sure of this. They may have been part of Slumberland first, who then themselves became part of Duport.

Last edited:
Top Bottom