Curtain Rail around Bay Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Perfect sense, but if we do that the ruffle/pleat is not at the desirably ruffle/pleats per foot
Put the hooks on about 3" apart after you've done the pleats, but this will mean each curtain will take up more space when open. To resolve this the pole needs to extend further beyond the end of the window, but you've got wall lamps in the way. How about moving house? ^_^

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
They have got back to me with a quotation, £365.62, I politely declined their quotation
this is why i made my own bay window pole from plumbing pipe.... it should have cost £35 but I fecked up the bends so it cost about £55.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Perfect sense, but if we do that the ruffle/pleat is not at the desirably ruffle/pleats per foot
You presume right for 2 reasons, 1) It's no longer the 1950's ^_^ 2) The settee/couch that lives in the bay would take too much out of the room if it was moved 400mm forward.

Its all the rage man :laugh:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Put the hooks on about 3" apart after you've done the pleats,
Ikea no longer do the track we have but looking at their product called Vidga which looks like it uses the runners that we have in ours, so calling round on the way home tomorrow to double the number to see if that cures it.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
In our bays I used plastic tracking and using Mrs B's hairdryer gently bent them to shape.
If you haven't an old piece of tracking, buy the shortest piece available and experiment with the amount of heat you need, note how it distorts and how far you can bend it to allow the runners to pass through.
If you attempt this, be warned the plastic warms up quickly and can get very hot to touch.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Curtains provide less heat loss

Adam4868

Guru
I'd have three separate curtains.Failing that wooden Venetian blinds.
Our windows aren't at right angles so used a plastic track,never liked the poles.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Swish Supreme aluminium curtain track. Bend it by hand, works a dream. I used to sell literally kilometres of the stuff and it's what I've got in my bay window. About £30-50 depending on size

Adam4868

Guru
That was offered yesterday well 4 curtains, 2 for the sides & then 2 across the front, I was given very short shift on it.
He that's what I meant.Ive fitted same at my parents house before.I think 90 degrees ? Is too acute of a angle to ever get what you want.

Proto

Legendary Member
Swish Supreme aluminium curtain track. Bend it by hand, works a dream. I used to sell literally kilometres of the stuff and it's what I've got in my bay window. About £30-50 depending on size

Dubious claim to fame alarm: my dad and my uncle Bob invented Swish curtain rail. I’ve got the original drawings at home somewhere.

Top Bottom