Custom Bicycle mud gaurds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loopybike

Veteran
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone makes custom mud gaurds for road/single speed/fixie bikes?
I've seen the wooden ones and they are beautiful, but what about aluminium ones?
Is anyone expressing their creativity through fender design?

I'm thinking of making some for my long awaited next project which got me wondering if there would be a market for them. For those of you that have seen "The Loopy Bike " you'll know I like to stand out!

raleighnut

Legendary Member

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I was thinking of something a bit more "imaginative " than that though.

5 mins sketching with a cup of tea this morning
DSC_0209_zpsiizgtvqn.jpg

Loads of ideas all together lol

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Have a think about safety too. What if something gets inside and jams the front wheel. Will the guard pop off like modern ones do.

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Have a think about safety too. What if something gets inside and jams the front wheel. Will the guard pop off like modern ones do.

Yes it will.
As in most concept cars, the actual production model is toned down a bit to make it more practical.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looking forward to seeing what you create.

Do you still have the loopy bike? I seem to remember you were planning to sell it.

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I couldn't bring myself to sell it in the end. :smile:
I use it to commute during the summer, in the winter it's hung on the workshop wall

DSC_0216_zps4ochwwxp.jpg

It does make me laugh when customers come in and, surrounded by multi million pound cars, all they want to talk about is the bike!

Anyway I have made a start on the front mudguard this evening.

If you want I can post photos of how I'm doing it?

Top Bottom