Customer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They could have called you Shirley?

^_^

mustang1

Guru
Lol at crm. (Customer relationship management).

I recall seeing this guy looking at his computer while talking on the phone. The gist of the conversation was:

"Hi I'm Michael and I will be taking over your account." (While looking at customer information on computer....) "...and how are your kids Tracy, Nancy, and Mark?"

Vomit. Talk about cheesey. The ringer didn't know the guy and started asking whatever info was in his computer. The guys a total stranger.

TVC

I've had the 'May I call you Velvet' before, my reply way "No, you can call me Sir, I'm the customer" Fair play to the lad, he took it in good humour and called me Sir without the slightest hint of scarcasm.

screenman

Legendary Member
Never sell to a stranger, make them a friend first. Some people do not want any more mates/friends etc, so call me Mr or reduce your price dramastically and call me whatever you want to.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
On the phone to BT this morning and the bloke says, "Do you mind if I call you Bernard?"

I replied, "Yes I do mind actually, it's Mr Farquhar to you. Show some respect to a paying customer, yoy young pup."

I don't mind being first named by the barman at my local, or by the boys at the LBS, in places where there is that long established face to face relationship, but a faceless corporate monolith that cares so little about customer service that it exported the bulk of its call centre jobs to India can just bugger right off.

Rant over.

Doesn't everyone have a butler to deal with mundane things?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My old boss told me a terrible story of many years previously had asked a customer, "So how is the wife, is she well?"

"She's as dead as she was the last time you asked me that." From that day on he carried a little North Korean style notepad (MK 1) and started to look at notes before he went in to see people.
I can top that!

As for informality ... I called in at the local health centre yesterday to make the appointment for my next blood test. Afterwards, the receptionist said "So, is there owt else we can do for you, Colin?" I didn't mind, but it did seem a bit over-familiar.

Top Bottom