Customised Coffins - what would you choose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not customising but a witty set of stickers might be a laugh. 😅
I quite like the idea of a 'just married deceased' sticker on the back, with strings of tin cans trailing behind :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
There's a place called 'Go as you please' in Newcastle, who do similar things, including wicker coffins which I think is cool.

Personally, I'd like to emulate one of my heroes and have my ashes fired out of a cannon.

postman

Legendary Member
No coffin cremation then scatter my ashes in front of the large stone marked Otley just as you enter the town,i might just improve the daffodils.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Both my wife & I have specified in our wills that we want to be buried in biodegradable cardboard coffins.

And while we haven't actually specified where, it will be in one of the "natural burial grounds" that have been created in recent years.

I wonder how much they cost - someone will be making a mint - must be tricky to carry thoutgh. I'd go for one too as it's only going to get burnt.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1648745992665.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had occasion to go into an undertaker's in Aberdeen when my eldest son died. I was amazed at the number of different coffins available and also the price of the expensive ones was quite obscene. His funeral was a bit delayed as his brother had to get back from some remote region in China and a whole college department turned out as I arranged it on a Saturday for them. A modest coffin was in order tho'.
For myself our local undertaker has one standard modestly priced coffin in stock tho' he will get others if requested. I will get the standard one. Cremation is not a realistic option as the nearest crematorium is 100 mile away.

Top Bottom