Cycle 2 work scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In Evans in Norwich the chap told me that the Cycle2work are very diligent and suspicious, one customer tried to pay for a bike with the voucher and they were on the phone straight away asking why it was a lady's model when the customer was male.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I still think some careful negotiation/waiting for sales is better than C2W.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not if you dont have the cash upfront to spend. Some people wouldnt have a grand lying around to spend on a bike.....but could afford the £££s going out of their wages every month

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
^ This,
My last C2W bike saved me exactly 25% of the cost of the bike when I worked it all out, the next bike I bought was 30% off in the sale which I got with an 18 months 0% credit card debiting the correct amount to pay off in full over 18 months =lower payments over a longer period and better saving- if you don't mind a late season/ last years model.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not if you dont have the cash upfront to spend. Some people wouldnt have a grand lying around to spend on a bike.....but could afford the £££s going out of their wages every month
Interest free credit is an alternative

Milkfloat

An Peanut

Even better combine the lost. I have always been very careful to get my C2W bikes in the sales and with negotiation. You are often limited in the retailers that will do this, but they are out there.

The irony is that although I mostly commute by bike, it is on a 20 year old bike I brought before C2W was even thought of.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
an
That depends on your credit rating, mine's in the toilet after being a student for 8 years...
thats what i mean by limitations....not everyone can get that 0% credit required.

It seems hmrc has now changed the rules and you can now buy frames, components and wheels.

Not just bikes, clothing and accessories.

where is this confirmed? can't find any confirmation online, least not from hmrc or cyclescheme dot co dot uk

Sixmile

Veteran
I work for the Education Authority in Northern Ireland. Thee biggest government body in the country and we don't do the C2W scheme. We have had a little progress over the last few months in that we have a shower at work but for example today, it is unusable as a pigeon 'got in' last night and poo'd all over it.

Currently I'm biking in at least 3 days out of 5 to work. Has any had any success in trying to get their work to implement C2W?

Top Bottom