Cycle Against Suicide - Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I came across this website yesterday and would have loved to do this ride but we will be riding in Italy at the time. We will certainly be registering very early for next years ride.

We really like the idea of staying with Irish families during the ride and it is for an excellent cause. It is also the cheapest arranged cycling holiday you will ever find.

http://www.cycleagainstsuicide.com/your-route/overview/

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It appeared on my Facebook page the other day! Asking for people to provide accommodation.

classic33

Leg End Member
Saw it last year, but at a time when I felt it was better not to post. By all accounts a decent ride.

And if a man in his 80's can do it.....
Donncha Ó Dúlaing

jags

Guru
i'm thinking it's a pretty flat route maybe 80miles east to west .
if u get the weather the craic would be mighty.

jags

Guru
I came across this website yesterday and would have loved to do this ride but we will be riding in Italy at the time. We will certainly be registering very early for next years ride.

We really like the idea of staying with Irish families during the ride and it is for an excellent cause. It is also the cheapest arranged cycling holiday you will ever find.

http://www.cycleagainstsuicide.com/your-route/overview/
also check out the Wild Atlantic way, stunning scenery tough enough cycling in places but the views are worth it.as long as the sun shines but i suppose it's the weather that makes most tour's no matter what part of the planet u tour in.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Good to see something that looks like it might tackle the long-standing stigma around discussing mental health and suicide in Ireland, on both sides of the border.

Tommy2

Über Member
I'm sure there was a program on the BBC with an Irish comedian called something smiley??? Who loves cycling, the program is about him cycling round Ireland with various people, anyway, he met up with cycle against suicide and did a piece with them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm sure there was a program on the BBC with an Irish comedian called something smiley??? Who loves cycling, the program is about him cycling round Ireland with various people, anyway, he met up with cycle against suicide and did a piece with them.
Michael Smiley

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
This appeared on my Facebook page tonight:
image.jpeg

classic33

Leg End Member
They'll be going down the Midlands to the South of Ireland. Missing the West out!
Route-2016-e.png

Last edited:

Sixmile

Veteran
I only heard about this during yesterdays local traffic bulletins. I suppose that's a good thing that this is getting mentioned on the main radio stations in the country. Unfortunately for me, I didn't hear about the event soon enough or I would've fancied a few legs of it. I'll certainly keep an eye out for this next year. Right, now to look now for other events near me that I might in other cases have missed..

classic33

Leg End Member
I only heard about this during yesterdays local traffic bulletins. I suppose that's a good thing that this is getting mentioned on the main radio stations in the country. Unfortunately for me, I didn't hear about the event soon enough or I would've fancied a few legs of it. I'll certainly keep an eye out for this next year. Right, now to look now for other events near me that I might in other cases have missed..
From what I've read, support from local riders is welcomed.

Just think, the North West Coast of Ireland, just as temperatures drop

Last edited:
Top Bottom