Cycle alone or within others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CycleD

Regular
Recently started up cycling again after a long lay off and was wondering if other people prefer to cycle alone or with others as I cycle alone and find it good but it would be nice to have someone to cycle with

Doobiesis

Über Member
I mainly cycle on me Jack Jones, once in a blue moon go out MTB with some friends.

If I see another cyclist in front of me, I will slip stream them tho ha ha. No one ever wants to come out with me I'm either too fast, or go on too many miles. So I've gotten used to it now.

Recently started up cycling again after a long lay off and was wondering if other people prefer to cycle alone or with others as I cycle alone and find it good but it would be nice to have someone to cycle with
I do both. Each as it's place.

In fact, I would think there were at least 3 styles: alone, with a buddy or two, in a bigger group.

I don't like a bigger group. Alone, or with a couple of buddies? That's my jam!

A quick language point: I think you meant to say "or with others". Within suggest you are cycling - um - inside their bodies.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Primarily on my own. My pace, my route, my stops.

Although I'm not completely anti-social and will happily chat / acknowledge other cyclists, go out with friends sometimes, do a couple of sportives a year and even occasionally ride for a couple of miles alongside complete strangers shooting the breeze, but cycling is primarily 'me' time and I'm quite happy to keep it like that most of the time.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Have always been a member of a club, so there are times when I meet the others and times when I go solo. Probably the last few years have ridden more by myself as I can never commit to meeting at specific times due to family commitments. Did lead the club runs for 4 or 5 years and they were enjoyable, but a huge commitment to be at the meeting point every Sunday for 9am.

doog

Alone...tour alone as well..

Its my way of having my own space...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Either but I think it's more fun to have a chat as we ride, have more eyeballs to spot interesting things and have more hands helping each other if anything goes slightly awry.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
No one ever wants to come out with me I'm either too fast, or go on too many miles.
Opposite here, I'm far too slow for most of my friends!
I really like cycling myself, but go on group rides (rarely even lead some :ohmy:) to learn what others do.
Left to my own devices I would avoid the difficult bits on a route, stop every 5min for a picture, keep at 5mph pace.
I also have basically no technique, would never have known this without going on group rides :laugh:

Top Bottom